Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best Mustang Ever
By edorgon

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First had a '67, and of course regret ever getting rid of it. Bought this as a leftover in December 06 for a steal, loaded with rebates, dealer concessions, etc. Best buy in a car ever. Solid as a rock. Fast, and the sweetest engine rumble. Handles exceptionally well, and goes almost as quick as my supercharged 01 Jag XKR. Rougher, more raw power, but it adds to fun. Amazingly solid for a conv. A truly fantastic value with auto, premium everything, etc. Great car. Tempts me to get rid of my Jag and match this conv with an 08 fully loaded GT coupe!

Power, engine sound, cruising comfort and seats.

A little more leg room, meaning drivers seat should go back more.

Mid-life fantasy
By Dave

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a convertible before I got too old to appreciate it, and I'm glad I did. My grandkids complain I'm too old to be driving such a hot car. Car is an absolute blast to drive, head and shoulders better than my 2000 GT coupe. Car looks super with top down, and I frequently get compliments. Power top has been trouble-free, no leaks to date. Biggest issue I have is interior squeaks/rattles I never had with my 2000 GT, which are annoying when top is up. Shaker 500 stereo is nice but I'm not sure speakers are suited to it. Rear defrost switch is in awkward position, hard to operate/see when in 5th gear. Using cupholders can make shifting awkward. Still, a tremendous value, super to drive.

Power, handling, ease of top operation, TCS, shifter, CD changer, power seat comfort, proximity feature on side windows

More power, 6-speed manual tranny, relocate/redesign rear defrost switch, cupholders, and console. I would love a manumatic tranny with paddles on wheel. Functional hood scoop or shaker hood would further distinguish GT from V-6 model.

Great Car
By Mustang Owner 06

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 'stang for about a year. Living in the north east, it's garaged for the winter, but spring is only a month away! I can't wait to park my Jeep and get back out in my Mustang.

Engine, 5-speed manual, red interior, sound system (I hate the stereo "head" but love the sound of the speakers). The 6-disc CD changer is particularly poor.

Nav system, modern stereo display. Make the color of all the interior lights change like the main instrument panel.

My Toy
By Steve

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had many muscle car convertibles in the past and didn't realize how much I missed them until I took the Mustang for a test drive. The old cars, especially with the prices they are currently demanding, don't have anything on this car. The ride, handling and performance are awesome and I wouldn't even think twice before making a cross country trip with this car. Unfortunately I live in the great white north so my baby is put away for the winter. But since I put it away I have been busy installing the Ford Racing power pack, can't wait to drive it with the 325hp I will have in Spring!

300hp V8, 5 speed transmission, nice sounding exhaust. Sound system is nice, but I didn't even turn it on for the first three weeks I owned it!

Fit of front end parts could be better, interior parts scuff too easily and seat belt placement could be more user-friendly.

The 70's
By Whoa......

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I will be 70 in March and my wife of 46 years will be 69/39 in September 2007. My wife's friends at "Curves Gym" drive convertibles and we had a GT PT Cruiser that was boring us to death. So we went looking for something to make us feel younger and have something we can have for years to come (5 speed 300hp). The car is a 10! Mileage beats our Cruiser in city and highway. "GO FOR IT"

Front end styling. Ride and handling. We haven't even had top down yet (Ft. Lauderdale). Car is beautiful! I have added 2007 GT appearance features.

Shhhh! Keep it a secret. The less on the road the better for me. Friday, in one four mile run, two different Porsches and an older style Mustang convertible gave us thumbs up.