2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great car, and holds up well
By Brandon - STANG281 on 08/16/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned it for about 2 1/2 years now, I have about 45,000 miles on it. This was my first car, first manual. The clutch has been slipping for the past 10,000 miles or so (but held up well in my opinion). The handle/knob broke off of the driver seat release to lift it forward in order to get to the back seat. The rear differential has the TSB whining noise during low speed turns. And I also had a problem a few times with the TSB of water leaking into the passenger floorboard and causing some electrical problems. Overall, it's held up very well considering the abuse it's received. The seats are uncomfortable on a 2 1/2+ hour drive. The gas mileage is bearable, and not bad for the performance

Best bang for your buck!
By Alan on 07/14/08 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third Mustang, my last being an '88 GT convertible that I also bought new. What a difference 18 years can make! This car is faster, smoother, quieter (yes, I know a convertible is noisier, I'm comparing to friends' '88 GT hatchback), quicker around the corners, stops better, sounds better and gets better gas mileage to boot. What's not to love? This car was love at first sight. I sold two cars to swing the downpayment and special ordered the car with all the toys - 18" wheels, and a 1000 watt 6 disc with subwoofers in the trunk. I'm a stick shift guy and this car has a wonderfully smooth transmission that shifts much better than my '88 GT. I commute 55 mi./day and get 22mpg

Built Ford Tuff
By Adrian on 06/10/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I waited to buy a Mustang after I saw that a new boby style was coming out. I ordered mine from my brother who is a manager at a Ford dealer. Over the phone I showed him several web sites that had the type of spoiler, stripes and front air dam that I wanted. I grew up with sixties muscle cars and wanted mine to look retro. So many people stopped me to ask about the car that it began to get embarassing. The car look great. Dark Blue with white LeMans stripes, and a duck tail spoiler. My neighbor(its been across the street for 2 yrs)asked my wife what kind of milage I was getting with that old muscle car. She told him 20+ combined city/Hwy. he called her a lier,and she told him it was an 06.

Bad To The Bone
By gypsy on 06/06/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 Silver GT brand new, and only have 7,100 miles on it. Have the 5 speed manual trans. which is the only way to go. Have added lots of goodies to it to pump up the HP's, and replaced the stock mufflers with MAC. Sounds totally awesome. Added louvers, hood scoop & blackout panel on the trunk lid. I totally love this car, and the way I feel right now, will keep it for as long as I'm around. I still get a thrill when I get behind the wheel, and never have a shortage of people telling me how great it looks.

#1 Car to drive
By Matty Mustang on 02/19/08 19:21 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I loved my 2003 Mustang GT deluxe coupe, but all it took was a short test drive for me to trade it in for a 2006 GT premium coupe (both manual transmissions). The increase in horsepower and safety was what truely convinced me. I mostly do in town driving and average about 20 mpg, but I took two trips both over 1200 miles where I averaged 26 mpg. I had to have the stereo replaced about 4 months after I got it, but since then I have had no problems. I have a friend who owns a V6 and he didn't think that there was much difference between his and mine until he took it for a quick spin in the parking lot, now he is thinking of trading his in.

Best Mustang
By cobra rick on 11/17/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My wife and I own two 2006 GTs, this coupe and a premium cont. She drives ,the convert has only 6k miles ,they are both great cars and were fine stock ,I own my own mustang shop and modify the cars all of the time ,neither one of our cars is stock ,they are the best all around Mustangs ever built ,we have had no problems ,the shaker 500 is great ,and the back seat isn’t that bad once you get in ,best bang for the buck out there. I have owned around ten Mustangs, including a task built 428 car the aftermarket is huge for this car, Ford did right by getting the aftermarket involved from the start

My first Stang
By chemrxn on 09/15/07 01:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

By far my favorite car I've owned. Was wary about Ford but not anymore, has been very reliable. No rattles, no broken pieces. Car accelerates and handles well. Acceleration and cruising at high speeds definitely are strongest points. Love the exterior and interior styling. I get lots of compliments. Older style Mustang drivers strike up conversations. Little kids come up to me. College dudes and teens in small Japanese sporty cars often want to race. Trunk space sufficent. Compared 350z and rx-8 when looking. 350z was not dailly commute friendly, RX-8 too small. nothing compares with the brawn and muscle of a mustang right now. Only negative is handling in rain and snow.

Love it
By nis350ztt on 07/23/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned mine for a year, and I love it. Only complaints are fairly minor. The build quality isn't great. You're most likely going to have problems with it, whether minor or not depends though.

Awesome!
By MustangLover on 03/31/07 02:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Have Mustang blood due to multiple Mystangs owned by parents. Had to sell a rare "Q-code" '73 Cobra Jet Mach I while in graduate school, but promised I would replace it with a better car. '06 GT is faster, better looking, better handling, gets better mileage, is safer, it's better in nearly every way! Power is very impressive and surprises most. This car is quick and sounds wonderful. I love my Mustang, but did knock off an interior design point due to stupid cup holder location.

Nothing but problems
By Disgusted on 03/29/07 02:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought an '06 GT and it ended up in the shop more than on the road. Auto trans had to be pulled at 1k miles, then the valvetrain started clattering at 2500 miles, check engine light, gas smell in car, no power, Ford dealer could not fix it and Ford corporate would not help me. Ford is not standing behind warranty. Horrible quality, will never buy Ford again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.