2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Hot ride
By Rick on 02/06/06 23:29 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I used to have a '67 Fastback GT 390ci back in the day. Just had to have this one. Over all great car. However, there is a lot drive train clunk at lower speeds. Excellent customer service.

Return of the Mustang
By Dan on 01/20/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car two weeks ago and have loved every minute I get to drive it. I even think about driving it when I'm working. Mine is a beautiful Windveil Blue that brings a tear to my eye every time I see it. And the power! I've always loved the old '60's Mustangs, but haven't been impressed by any of the Mustangs for the past several decades. I was so happy to see a return of the true muscle car look.

The American Muscle Car is Back!
By Patrick on 01/11/06 18:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a fantastic car! The retro design is what caught my attention when I first saw one on the road in January 2005. I'm 43 years old and can remember the Mustang's of the late 60's and early 70's where the new 2005/06 gets its design from. I got the 4.6L V8 deluxe with automatic transmission and I get about 20mpg overall which is not bad for a V8. The seats are firm but very comfortable. I've taken one trip so far that was 4 hours long and I didn't feel worn out or tired at all at my destination. The car is also very well balanced and feels as though it's "glued" to the road at higher speeds and there was no vibration in the steering wheel.

Best decision I ever made!
By Balazar on 11/07/05 23:06 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car! Excellent performance with decent gas mileage. Ride is much smoother than I expected with the live real axle. The front seats are very comfortable, with lots of legroom for my 6'2" frame. Excellent sound from the engine and exhaust, both inside and out of the car. Draws lots of attention, especially with the opposite sex. The cupholders are in a stupid place; if you have something in them and you go to shift, you hit the cup with your elbow. And the steering wheel needs to be telescoping; with the seat moved back in a comfortable position, it's impossible to reach the top of the steering wheel unless you incline the seat back almost straight up and down.

Makes you feel good all over
By Graybear on 11/03/05 05:55 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Having worked at the San Jose assembly (home of the original Mustang) plant in QC, I was very impressed with the build quality. The seams are uniform, excellent upholstery on the premium interior. A comfortable car for the driver; as a passenger in the rear seat (I don't go there). I have the 18" wheels, and the BFG T/A G force tires work well. 1st gear is a mite short, but 2nd pulls well, and acceleration is very good, rivaling a stock 438 SCJ Mustang without the tire burning theatrics. At 61, this is a way cool ride; my daughter keeps wanting to "borrow my car," no way. This is Dad's ride, sorry 'bout that!

New and Blue
By cdlytle69 on 09/16/05 02:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

2006 Vista Blue, light graphite cloth, auto., interior upgrade package, 18" polished aluminum, front side airbags, active anti-theft, locking lug nuts, unfortunately basic stereo, working on changing that. Basic isn't bad, but I've heard too much about the Shakers and now I want one. Still breaking it in, but it's sweeeeet (to borrow a Dodge phrase).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.