Used 2006 Ford Mustang Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

A Modern Classic
By JHawk

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I used to own a classic Mustang convertible. This car is just like it except: this car has better steering (no dead spot in the steering), doesn't shake going over bumps, has a great radio, top doesn't leak, cowl doesn't leak (no more wet carpet), windows don't rattle, and yes, the gauges all work. All in all, this car has all the great styling I remember with none of the bad things I had tried to forget!

Favorite Features

Pony Package really increases the Wow factor. Good acceleration, tight handling.

Suggested Improvements

Door pockets you can actually use. Dual exhaust on V-6.

funnnnn
By Gabrielle

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car drives like a big heavy American car. Nostalgia like a Mom's car but is hot and sharp at the same time. It feels very safe and is exciting the way it holds the road and has pick up like most V8s. The dash could be a little more Mercedes-ish but I like the chrome and design. Great speakers and upgraded music system. Pretty bad on fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Cup holder location. Get up and go. HOT HOT HOT! Love the way the top goes down but does not blow too much. It is a great retro looking classy car. I like the way it drives and steers and holds the road. It is a beautiful looking automobile. I like the spinners on the wheels and no Ford logo.

Suggested Improvements

A 4 wheel drive for winter would be the one great feature that would win FORD the sales. More high end dash look.

Mustang V6 Premium with Pony Package
By lewisr

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun car with excellent handling characteristics. It has excellent acceleration and road handling manners. I am impressed.

Favorite Features

Handling and road hugging ability. No body lean and a solid convertible chassis with very little body shake. Better than any convertible that I have experienced.

Suggested Improvements

A latched passenger side seat that slides forward for rear passengers to enter/exit.

mid life Ford
By mike nivens

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been looking at a convertible (mid life thing) for a long time. For the price, style and fun-to-drive, the Mustang was the one. Metallic red, parchment top, parchment leather seats. I wanted a GT, but the loaded pony/premium with 500 watt stereo with the v6 was great-especially since a GT this loaded was many thousands more, and beyond my budget. I love this car and have rarely put the top up in the almost 3 weeks I have owned it. Funny how the CD's sound so much better! How does one go through life without driving a convertible? Having had classic cars in the past, I wanted something that would last, and have excellent parts AND service availably wherever I want to travel.

Favorite Features

Ease of operating the top, retro looks, basic simplicity. Looks, Looks, Looks.

Suggested Improvements

Move cup holders from shift base. Wish I had the spoiler delete so as to not to be confused with the boy racers and for better viewing out the back window.

Whew!
By szymik

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love my Stang! Always drove Ford F150's and decided to downsize, what a sweet ride!

Favorite Features

Leather seating, pony detailing, great convertible conversion (quick).

Suggested Improvements

Am trying to figure out if I can "dual exhaust" like the GT.