2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Sleek Stang
By Ms295 on 12/18/06 10:55 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my beautiful tungsten grey Mustang for around 8 months now. In that time I have driven it around 15,000 miles and I have enjoyed the ride. This is a great car to travel in and I'm always getting compliments from other people. The car drives really well, with good acceleration and power for passing on the highway. While I love the outside look of the car, there is one issue with the interior which bugs the heck out of me...the dashboard. It creaks, moans, and it seems like it was never really put in the car correctly...or perhaps, cheap materials? I have told my Ford Dealership about the problem and they just act like, "no big deal." Anyways, that aside this is a fun ride!

One Bad Yellow Steeda
By ScubaSteve on 11/25/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just love this car. It's a blast to drive. Add some Steeda magic to it and it leaves the competition wondering "Where'd it go?" A few fit and finish issues keep it from scoring higher with me, but I love it so much, I'm going to get another. A Grabber Orange convertible will be added to our stable of Fords very soon. Look for its tail lights on a street near you.

Excellent Vehicle
By corey on 11/25/06 09:46 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always loved the Mustang and after buying this car I am even more in love with it. From its leather interior to its premium sound to its powerful engine, this car leaves little to be desired from any car enthusiast.

Giddy Up!
By brenda on 11/11/06 08:35 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. Only difficult thing about the car is the seat belt. Other than that it has everything I need in a car. Beats my Mercedes.

Dream Car
By Michele on 11/11/06 06:02 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having grown up with the Mustang, I fell in love again with this one. Of course I wanted certain things and when my husband called me to say my car was on the lot, I was in heaven. I told him to get a salesman to slap a sold sticker on it, I was getting a check. Pony package a must and of course it had to have a stick. No fun driving a pony unless I can control it. It's a V6 4.0, and moves. Gas mileage is good. Can't believe I've had it a year already. No, it's not a mid-life crisis, just the car I've always dreamed about, that I finally have. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Built my Mustang for my 17 year old girl
By Mike Viafora on 09/14/06 16:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very safe car for teen because it has side air bags ABS and it is almost impossible to roll over. Ordered a loaded V6 with the pony package which makes it handle like a GT with less power to get in trouble with. Did not order chrome all over dash. It puts out glare in sunny areas. No My color display.

2006 Mustang with Pony Pack
By Al on 08/20/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

From the living room came a call from Heather, my 16 year-old daughter, "Dad, mom needs you in the driveway!” Being a dad I thought something was wrong with Kerri Ann, my 21 year-old, whom my wife said she was at the mall with. Kerri rounds the corner driving my wife's 2003 PT Cruiser. Now confused, I asked, "Where in the world is your mom?" Then the sound...the low murmur of a V6 engine with a beautifully tuned exhaust caught. Then, from around the corner, I caught the sparkle of Vista Blue paint on the unmistakable nose of a Mustang, with the 1967 GTA inspired grillwork. It was my wife behind the wheel of a new 2006 Mustang with Pony Package! Red bow and all. Life is Good!

Best Car Ever Owned
By Patricia Johnston on 08/16/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned a lot of cars in 53 years of marriage. Our first was a 1947 Ford. We decided to get a "fun car" as we had not bought a car since 1990. We went to buy a Ford truck and ended up with a 2006 Mustang Pony, Premium package, black. This is the best ever. The ride is extremely quiet, no outside road noise. You can turn the radio way up and stand outside the car and you can't hear anything. It's well made, love the traction on turning and it's just a beautiful automobile. We love this car!

Reminds me of my '68
By jetmyke on 08/05/06 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It was time for my wife to get a new car. She selected the V6 Mustang. It has been a good choice! We were looking at the GT, but it only gets about 17 mpg around town (real world, I work with someone who has one) and the insurance was a bit high. Our Mustang is getting 21 mpg around town, which isn't too bad for a car this size. We have the pony package, so this car has TCS, anti-lock brakes, 17" wheels and GT suspension. Well worth the money. On the open road it rides quite well and has plenty of passing power. I plan on putting a cold air induction system and a Banks free flow exhaust on the car, should bump the HP up to 245. That will be plenty of juice!

Holds up in accident...
By She holds up well... on 07/15/06 05:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I put about ten thousands miles on my Mustang so far and I cant stop. I love the feel of driving this hot car. I was hit on the freeway in LA...the other cars were totaled and I drove away. I was so grateful that I had a tough built Mustang. It really holds up. And always take your Mustang to the Ford dealer for body repairs. I had to learn the hard way.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.