Used 2006 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

A Great Pony
By Snotrocket

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine new in July of 06. v6 Legend Lime w/pony package. I went with the V6 due to price and insurance cost. After adding a S&B CAI, Predator tune, and GT muffler, I bumped up the hp to that of a small block v8, about 240hp. A 4:10 is going in shortly to makeup for the automatic. The v6 is a great platform to start off on if your on a tight budget. Responds well to S/C's which take the v6 to the 310hp range. I don't have that many miles on the car, but I haven't had any issues with it. I still get many compliments from people when I am out and about. I have no regrets with this car. It's a blast.

Favorite Features

Retro looks, color, A V6 that responds well to aftermarket hp parts, a decent sound system, my-color dash, bullitt wheels and of course all the attention the car still gets.

Suggested Improvements

None really to speak of, maybe bring back the hip on the quarter panels and have louvers standard or optional on the quarter windows.

Nice Pony
By david

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Options on our car include the Pony package, leather seats and upgraded stereo. Having owned a '65 Mustang Fastback for many years I really wasn't expecting to be impressed by the new Mustangs. Boy was I wrong. With each session behind the wheel of the new Pony, the poor handling, braking and lack of air conditioning of my classic Pony becomes even more evident. The new Pony really is more fun to drive. Even though I bought the car for my daughter, I do get to drive it when it needs gas. Which isn't that often since the peppy V6 gets 18-20mpg in town & 26-30 mpg on the road. So many styling cues taken from the early Mustangs I feel right at home in this car.

Favorite Features

Appearance and economy. The interior styling is retro cool. Love the Pony package wheels and handling. No issues at all.

Suggested Improvements

More back seat headroom. Adults over 6' tall sitting in the back seat must sit with their heads pushed up against the rear glass. A pad on the hard center console to cushion driver's right knee would be nice! Make it easier for older folks to enter and exit. Guess that's what convertibles are for.

Just Good
By Brian Schrock

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is a great commuter car. Not really a quick car (0-60mph 7-7.3 sec) from my experience (I have an auto). The tires are loud on the freeway and can get annoying on long trips. The ride comfort on the freeway is good, but a litle stiff on city roads. Also there is a lot of body roll while cornering at over 18 mph. The transmission shifts nice and smooth, but it is not the quickest shifting transmission. The fuel economy is not bad in the city I get 18-20 mpg, but if I use cruise control on the freeway I average 24-28 mpg.

Favorite Features

Tires are loud, but get great traction, love the my color feature, Nice classic style wheels, beautiful front end w/the pony package, beuatiful exterior styling, and the speakers sound great.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights, needs a trunk realse button inside the car, Better fit and finish, nicer interior (less plastic on dash board), fix the body roll, and better CD reader for the CD player (every once in a while the CD player won't read a CD that has been burned or copied).

Great pony
By darryl Filiatrault

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best car I've ever owned. CA to Toronto, CA to Vancouver 34 mpg great. Lots less in town because I don't spare the horses lots of fun to drive. I'm a large guy and find the seats guite comfy. Mine is windvail blue. Lots of aftermarket parts. Looks great .

Favorite Features

My color dash, ability to turn tcs off. Great performance.

Suggested Improvements

None needed

Best Mustang Ever!
By heather26

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a Mustang, but never thought I'd actually get one. I researched all the Japanese cars that got good fuel economy, but I could not get the Mustang out of my mind. Even though it doesn't get the MPGs I was looking for, it was totally worth it. And I don't know how happy my parents are having a 17 year old drive a fast sports car, they agree it is a great car. Every time I get in the car I have a huge smile on my face.

Favorite Features

My color gauges, stereo, miles to empty count down, the car lets you know when something is wrong.

Suggested Improvements

A sunroof would be nice, and a little more room for the back seats.