2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
The best one I've driven!
By Dexter Brown on 12/11/05 11:43 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before I bought my '06 Mustang I was considering the '06 Chevy Cobalt SS, '06 Acura RSX, and the '06 Mazda RX-8 but I fell in love with the Mustang. The 210 hp v6 engine and the exhaust was the first thing I fell in love with. When I drive it I feel as if I'm Batman in the Batmobile.

2006 GT Premium Roush Stage One
By cgbexec on 12/08/05 11:13 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had no intentions of buying a Mustang. I stopped by the dealership to have work done on my Explorer brakes. While I was there a 2006 Roush Sport caught my eye. I took it for a spin and fell in love with it. I owned a 1990 Mustang GT and this new '06 is a much nicer car by far. I test drove the body style after the 1990 and hated it. It was smaller inside, no head room, but this new '06 is right on the nose with performance, handling, price and styling. While the car has a hint of retro stying, it is also modern in it's application. The Roush is only different in a few styling panels and in 18"X10" Rims. The ride and cornering are different from the stock GT as well.

Incredible Triple Black GT!
By John Catalanotto on 12/03/05 20:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered my triple black GT back on June 15th and picked it up today, December 3rd. I have to tell you it was worth the wait, I can not believe that money for money there is a better car available today. The purr of the engine, 18” bullets, leather interior, 500 watt 6 disc stereo, My Color dash and more. If you are thinking about one, stop thinking and go get it. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

I Love This Car
By Leila Mohammadione on 12/02/05 23:14 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for about 2 months, but I am already in love. I traded in my V6 2000 Mustang and I upgraded to the V8 2006 GT. This was a great decision. The car rides comfortably and looks amazing. Not only does the car attract a lot of attention, it makes people turn around when I start her up. I am very pleased with my purchase!

Favorite Car
By Ashley on 12/02/05 21:34 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the way this car rides and handles on my back roads where I live. It is a blast to drive and is a head turner. The interior is great to look at and the Shaker 500 audio system will let you hear things you have never heard before.

Perfection within the framework
By Spartan on 12/02/05 18:03 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My wife and I have had this car for 3 months and it is exactly what we wanted and expected. The 5-speed transmission is easy to operate and the horsepower is always just a pedal away. The car has nice balance and really hugs the road at speed. Tire spin and oversteer are not difficult to avoid, but reliable in their consistency with no nasty surprises if you're trying to slide around a bit. The only complaints I could make are the lack of a few creature comforts. A power passenger seat, heated seats, and climate control would be nice. But I understand that Ford left out a few frills to keep the price down. This car was designed to go fast and look good doing it. Mission accomplished.

I think I'm in LOVE
By Cat on 11/30/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been in love with the Mustang since I was 16 (and learned that you can't insure a 16 year old on a Mustang with my parents' income). Twenty years later, and I finally got my dream car. Redfire metallic, pony package, V6 because I still can't afford insurance on a GT. Since most of my cars have been 4 cylinders, I'm not missing any power. The price was surprisingly low. The car is kind of huge considering it's a SPORTS car, but I love it. It's heavy and has an excellent safety rating. It turns corners like it's on rails. It gets up to the speed limit way before any other car I've ever owned.

Wow, is this a Ford?
By Craig on 11/29/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What a car! Start with the exterior. Our car is satin silver and she stands out from the crowd. We choose the 18 inch optional wheels and it is hard to walk by without taking a second look. The interior with the upgrade package is really sharp. Extremely comfortable seats and the driving position is perfect. The retro accents inside along with the modern quality and feel really make this car special. Then there is the engine. Lots of power with instant throttle response. I had the mindset of an aftermarket exhaust system before I bought her. Glad I didn't buy anything. This car rumbles and sounds mean! It has been a pleasure so far and cannot wait to get back in her.

2006 MUSTANG EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS
By RAM on 11/22/05 11:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding performance/style. Best value if into fast/good looking cars. Pros: Style, power, sound (engine and stereo), and cost. Cons: Five speed manual shifts smoothly, but has a harmonic rattle near the shifter. Maybe just a loose bolt. One minor rattle near driver's mirror area. Owned car 2 months/4200 miles. Stats: -MPG:22-23@65++ mph, 90% highway. City; maybe 19-20. -all available options included (except 1K speaker system). 500 watts more than enough. -All options work, no issues. -No mechanical/electrical problems at all. Summary: I flew Navy jets off carriers for years. I wanted something hot, fast, powerful and reliable. I chose very well. Happy with 23mpg. Recommendation: Buy one/have fun.

Bill's 2006 GT
By Bill on 11/18/05 00:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am 58 years old and I recently purchased my first ever Ford Mustang. I built my GT on Ford Direct online with the exact options that I had to have. My local Ford dealer located my GT at another dealer with my options and we made a deal, below MSRP I might add. My absolute beauty is tungsten grey, black leather seats, 5 speed manual, 18" polished aluminum wheels, interior upgrade package with the anti-theft kit. My friends can't stop talking about how beautiful it is. Imagine, a 300 HP muscle car for under $30K. You will not find a better combination of style, power, handling & value anywhere. This GT reminds me of the '65 Fastback I dreamed of in high school but could not afford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.