Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2006 Mustang GT
By Mike Perry

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Pros: Very fast, I have the 5-speed auto and love the way it keeps up the RPM through the gear, especially the first three. It handles great and a blast to drive. Cons: Had to have the trunk lid repainted. Has a clunking in the front end at low speed on bumpy roads. Has a very prominent vibration at approximately 1200 RPM. Dealership said front end is OK and the vibration is resonation from the exhaust. I have my doubts.

Good looks and speed!

Upgrade carpet and paint job. But for the money the car is superb.

Loving it
By Boris

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If you don't mind the gas mileage its the perfect car. It is relatively inexpensive fast and unlike many imports lives up to its claimed specs. Above all else great aftermarket support and lots of mods.

The TCS traction control disable button.

Use better plastic for scuff panels.

Could use a few tweeks
By Jim Myers

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great fun car. Vastly improved handling over the 03 I test drove a few years back. Power and sound is good. This is my first Mustang and I have enjoyed it. I am 60 years and have owned Corvettes in the past. This car compares favorably for a lot less money. I wish I had deleted the spoiler as it interfears with visibility. I would rate the gas mileage as very good for a car with this kind of power. I am getting better than 18 MPG in stop and go traffic. I have the 18" wheels and believe that ride quality would be improved with the 17 's. Overall I like the car very much.

Interior qualiry, power and engine sound.

Largest issue is that the gas tank is too small. Need to fill up every 250 miles or so. Needs radio controls on the steering wheel. Interior trunk release would be nice. Center console needs to be positioned forward a bit. Exterior side is a little plain. Some cool racy graphics would help.

If only I could afford the V-8
By Sean

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My mother has a 6 banger '04. My '06 pony package is far superior in every category (not taking into account fuel). Yeah, I have a lead foot. With a GT I would be in jail as speeding is way too easy with the Pony. The handling is nice for such a heavy car but for the money you can't beat it. Be ready for some road noise, but get the Shaker sound system and you'll never notice it. I've only put 5000 miles on it but haven't had a single problem other than the frequent compliments.

Traction Control - without it you'll just sit and spin. Tight steering makes you feel like you're behind the wheel of a real sportscar.

A upgrade on the interior. Chrome colored plastic looks cheap next to leather seats.

fun
By jay.t.elliott

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have driven the mustang GT for 4 months. It is an absolute blast to drive. The fuel economy is not as well as I had hoped.

The body style is great and the engine performance is awesome

Heat seats, and better center console positioning that locks.

• SUV