Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 312 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Second Childhood
By MarkO

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Once owned 68 Firebird convertible and recently turned 40 and couldn't resist. This is a nice and fun reproduction of the original. I bought the Pony Package V6 convertible in Windveil Blue and am very happy with it. A good value vehicle for the money.

Nice body lines, good handling, easy to use top, Shaker 500 is one of the best sounding factory stereos I've heard.

Weatherstripping around top of door mirror doesn't always close right when door is shut against side post of windshield. Dual exhaust on V6 model would improve performance and sales.

2006 Mustang GT
By GH

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car, for the money it can't be beat, and I've always been a Chevy guy! (3 Z/28's). The engine has a sweet note above 3000 rpm and pulls solid to 6000. The most surprising thing has been the great gas mileage, it's much better than I expected. I think that there is tons of room for simple, effective performance gains and in a few years 400-500 HP S197's will be everywhere, Shelbys not withstanding,

Great retro looks. Good power and sound. Just too fun to drive.

Engine runs on regular unleaded, which is cheaper of course, but I'd gladly pay the extra few dollars per tank for the performance improvements of premium fuel.

Giddy Up!
By brenda

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. Only difficult thing about the car is the seat belt. Other than that it has everything I need in a car. Beats my Mercedes.

Not sure how it could be done in the coupe but the seat belts are tough to grab since they are set pretty far back, even those that are taller and have the seat set back struggle to grab it.

Michelle's Review
By MM25SBFreak

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car has been an absolute dream to own and drive. For a woman who has always loved Mustangs, this is possibly a perfect match. The handling is great for cruising, it really hugs the curves. All 300 horses, given the room to run, performs wonderfully. For people who love to listen to tunes, the system can't be beat.

The whole car!

Dream Car
By Michele

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having grown up with the Mustang, I fell in love again with this one. Of course I wanted certain things and when my husband called me to say my car was on the lot, I was in heaven. I told him to get a salesman to slap a sold sticker on it, I was getting a check. Pony package a must and of course it had to have a stick. No fun driving a pony unless I can control it. It's a V6 4.0, and moves. Gas mileage is good. Can't believe I've had it a year already. No, it's not a mid-life crisis, just the car I've always dreamed about, that I finally have. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Awesome stereo system, pony package really adds to looks.

Nt much to improve on perfection, love this car.