2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
love my pony
By rick on 01/05/06 23:23 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

So far the experience has been great. I love my '06 pony. Mine is vista blue, charcoal black interior with a 5 speed. And the dash lights, wow.

This car alone brought me to Ford.
By TM on 01/05/06 20:32 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

And it was SOOOOO worth it! This is the best thing Ford has done since the 1969 Mustang (maybe the only good thing). But the GT coupe is pure perfection, and a muscle car enthusiasts dream! I am so happy about the pricing too, because having a new Mustang with these classic lines and growl is worth 10-15k more. I can't wait for the warm weather!

2006 XMAS PONY
By Andy on 01/05/06 17:16 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle. This has truly brought some joy back into commutes. Fun to drive coupled with great gas mileage. 1200 miles in 2 weeks and still having a great time. Smooth manual transmission allows a more sporty feel. Exhaust system could use some deepening, and a low frequency rumble has been noted at the 70 mph marker but not above it. This is a vehicle to watch your acceleration on, before you know it you are doing 60 to 70 all the time. Good Luck and enjoy this corner hugging pony.

Clutch--watch out
By Jack on 01/04/06 21:24 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I might warn any one who has purchased an '06 GT 5 Speed manual to watch the clutch. I gear down a lot, and with only 1,500 miles on it the clutch is already starting to chatter. Back to the dealer. Other than that a fine ride.

V6 is fast enough
By lmmmmm on 01/03/06 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I went with the V6 instead of the V8. Glad I did. It's plenty zippy, I'm at 40mph before I know it. After 3 days everything feels solid and no rattles or squeaks. Definitely get the Pony Package. Drives very well. I test drove both the manual and automatic. I went with auto only because I'm tired of shifting in traffic everyday. But manual definitely more fun and in my opinion the exhaust sounds more throaty. Maybe because you can really wind the gears more than the automatic.

We love our Mustang
By ED WAGENER on 01/02/06 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the most fun car we have had in years; it is also the only car we have had that we get compliments on from strangers and waves from other Mustang owners. We also drive a newer Cadillac, but when it comes to fun the Mustang is tops. Ours has the pony package with the 17 inch wheels and fog light in the grill, quite a looker in vista blue with parchment leather. The finish on the car is much improved over the other cars we have had. Also the seats with the support for the back is great (once you get it adjusted to your liking). As far as the fuel mileage is concerned I was impressed with the mileage. So far as I have less than 1000 miles on it, this car makes me smile .

Grand has a new toy
By Jeanie on 12/30/05 11:39 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Wow! I was going to get an '05 but waited and am I glad. This is the most fun I've had since I was in college. It is great to drive and gets looks from everyone, especially when they see the driver is not exactly a youngster. I love everything about this car. I have perfect strangers tell me how cool it is.

Best Mustang Ever
By rocketman on 12/25/05 05:30 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very fast for a V6, feels very safe to drive. I was skeptical about purchasing a Ford but this car is a definite exception.

Back in a Mustang
By Jeff H. on 12/24/05 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just picked up a 2006 Mustang for my wife as a surprise Xmas gift! We both absolutely love the retro styling and redfire color. The Pony Package is a real bargain with the ABS brakes and traction control included not to mention the retro grill and fog lights. The redfire color combined with the optional (color matched) Rousch side window louver covers, pony cladding, and optional pony wheel spinners make this a real head turner. It drives great! We have owned a 65, 66, and a 67 Fastback and this 2006 reminds me so much of all those years combined. I've been waiting for Ford to get it right and return the Mustang to its glory. They finally did it! Good looks, great performance, and competitive cost.

My New Toy!
By Richard on 12/14/05 00:05 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

With four children, a dog, and an SUV to haul us all, my wife and I needed a break from our chaotic daily routine. We decided to do something for ourselves, and bought our Redfire 2006 Mustang Coupe. Still, being the conservative middle aged parents we are, we opted for the V6, but don't let that fool you. The 210hp rear wheel sports car is like nothing I have ever seen. Not only can it run with the big dogs, it sounds the part as well. The design will take you back in time, but the performance is truly futuristic. I can honestly say, and my wife will back me up on this, this car truly brought a little FUN back into our lives. The hardest part now is getting her to let me drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.