2006 Mustang with Pony Pack
By Al on
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
From the living room came a call from Heather, my 16 year-old daughter, "Dad, mom needs you in the driveway!” Being a dad I thought something was wrong with Kerri Ann, my 21 year-old, whom my wife said she was at the mall with. Kerri rounds the corner driving my wife's 2003 PT Cruiser. Now confused, I asked, "Where in the world is your mom?" Then the sound...the low murmur of a V6 engine with a beautifully tuned exhaust caught. Then, from around the corner, I caught the sparkle of Vista Blue paint on the unmistakable nose of a Mustang, with the 1967 GTA inspired grillwork. It was my wife behind the wheel of a new 2006 Mustang with Pony Package! Red bow and all. Life is Good!
Favorite Features
I love driving this car. Well behaved on the highway as well as back-roads. Outside-All Mustang! Inside, the retro look is great. The 4.0L V6 has enough power to let you know you’re in a Mustang. THE PONY PACKAGE is a must! Takes the V6 to another level. I get a consistent 21-22 mpg. A Great value!
Suggested Improvements
Standard interior - things are a little on the plastic toyish side. Add the Interior Upgrade Package. I am 5’7” and my wife is 5’ so we can move the front seats up enough to actually fit adults in the back. Good luck to anyone taller! Not much interior storage, just one big box in the console.