Used 2006 Ford Mustang Standard Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My first white pony!
By Matt T.

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car, hands down. We did have to have some repairs done within the first 10,000 miles such as the shifter, fuel pump, etc. The gas tank on occasion will not accept a full tank of gas? This happened to my buddy also and he had his fuel tank replaced, sounded like a design error.

Favorite Features

Quick pickup and great handling. Get a lot of compliments from people for its looks.

Suggested Improvements

Design a better gas tank.

Have i found my perfect car?
By Douglas

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My on going quest for the perfect vehicle stopped at the 2006 Ford Mustang V6. I needed a car that looked cool, could carry my friends without too much complaint, and had that fun factor that everyone desires. After first gear I was sold. The pull was impressive. The salesman, who was obviously new to ford, actually asked if it was the V8. The cornering is tight and whips into parking spots effortlessly although the nose is long and sometimes deceptive to where it is. The gas mileage is better than expected, while cruising at 80 mph, I achieved 32 mpg. The cabin is roomy, even for a 6'2" guy like me. Even still, my knee tends to hit the hard plastic boarder of the center radio cluster.

Favorite Features

1. Cool Factor - the looks and compliments that I receive 2. The fun factor - the responsive acceleration and the urge to modify 3. Practicality - gas mileage, 4 seats, folding rear seats 4. Comfortability - Supportive seats, roomy cabin, all controls are easily within reach.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release button in cabin! Cup holders in the rear as well, and dual exhaust for the V6 (or at least an option for dual exhaust).

Great Car
By Alex

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the funnest car I have ever owned! The styling is incredible, the price right, and the fun factor off the charts. Sounds and feels like a V8, yet gets decent V6 fuel economy. The front driver and passenger areas are roomy and comfortable with lots of leg room.

Favorite Features

One of the best things about the Mustang is all the possible aftermarket modifications available for personalizing the car.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a sunroof option.

sounds like a can of loose rocks
By wild Bill

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 mistake this month (04 - 2006), and really thought I was getting a good car, but every time I shift, it shudders and clunks as if the drivetrain is going to fall off the car. I took it in on 04-26-06 to have it checked out. They came back and said they called Ford's hot line and Ford told them to drive another Mustang with a 5 speed and see if it does the same thing Well it did, so Ford said that it is normal then, that they won't fix it because all the other v6 5 speeds make the same clunks on them, and if they get a lot of complaints on that, then they will research on that problem! Stay away from the V-6 5 speed.

Favorite Features

I love the 60's look, v-6 has all the power you can ask for. Front seats sit real low to the ground so it gives you that muscle car filling. Sounds a little like a v-8. The 210hp v-6 has more power than the previous GT Mustangs.

Suggested Improvements

Fix that clacking noise when shifting the 5 speed V-6!

Love my Pony
By Pony Tail

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Red Fire 2006 V6, 5 speed coupe for a month now. The more I drive it the happier I am I bought it. Having come from ownership of smaller Japanese economy oriented vehicles in the recent past this car was a dramatic change for me. I owned both a '69 and '70 Mustang in the somewhat distant past. My '06 is all that those cars were and so much more! The performance from the 4.0 lt. V6 is impressive. It is deceptively fast and has a very V8 feel and sound to it. The car's handling is very planted, responsive and predictable. I did a 200 + mile fun trip in the twisty mountain roads to the west of here and had a grin on my face the whole time.

Favorite Features

Incredibly fun to drive. Killer bang for the buck. Decent mileage for a performance oriented car. I'm averaging 16-17 in town and 26-28 on the highway, and I don't drive slow. Great styling, best mix of the old 'stangs. Good ergonomics. Very comfortable for two around town and on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust for the V6 too!