Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

GT
By SV6Mustang

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this GT. This is my first GT convertible. I wasn't looking for this style mustang when I firsted started but this car caught my eye and I couldn't past it up. Def. won't stay shock for long. I def. have one of the fastest cars in the town. Not to make cars will smoke this car. Definitely worth all the money I paid for it.

The power, the drop top, handling

HID head lights in the newers years which they already did. upgrade the exhaust to something after market. needs a deeper sound to it.

Buy It--New or Used (2005 or after)
By gtstangconv

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2006 GT Conv with 13000 miles. I've had it two days and already love it. My other vehicle is a Mazda CX-9 (for the family). This one is fun for me and I can still haul the family for fun trips. With the GT (V8), I'm surprised that I'm averaging 20-23 mpg--not bad considering the 300 horses and irresitible urge to nail it and nail it and well you get the point. Buy this vehicle. If $ are tight, I recommend an 06 or 07--great bargains out there. I personally chose a used GT instead of a new V6. I would have considered a used 05, but I never get a car its first year in production--no idea if there's any real basis in that- -just my personal hangup.

Performance, looks, seating capacity of 4 when considering the looks, and performance stereo

Slightly better interior quality. While it looks good, it does have a bit of a "plasticy" feel....but who cares

Why did I wait so long to buy?
By GTConvOwner

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After searching all the competitors out there, including the German and Japanse cars, how could anyone not consider a Mustang? I bought a GT convertible. Wow, for the money this car has no peer. Right out of the box the power and handling of this car are fantastic. To think I can get add-on accessories to boost this performance to even higher levels without breaking the bank is even better. Top down driving is fun. Your passengers in the back may ask you to roll up the windows on the freeway, but in the front seats the wind is manageable. The family loves the car and want to take it everywhere. Four seats. Great stereo with excellent bass response. Very comfortable seats (I'm over 6') too.

Power and handling. Front seat leg room. Stereo. Price!

It would be nice to be able to order this car and pick it up at the factory (such as with the Corvette). Ford needs to force the dealerships to set up a priority system for specialty Mustangs, such as the Shelby, without the price gouging. I almost walked from Ford because of this practice.

Waiting for the Camaro
By dave1958

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Couldnt wait for the Camaro so I bought a Mustang GT convertible. I am not greatly impressed with the 300 HP. I would have bought a Shelby except for the $25K upcharge

Looks and sounds great. 1000 watt stereo, head turning

None

Who says you can't go back?
By Mike

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the car privately about 6 weeks ago, and have had a blast with it since! A few road trips, taken my 2 boys and their friends for rides, just a real fun experience. I've had about a dozen cars (and even a few trucks) revving engines and wanting to race. Also had lots of comments on the "nice ride", one fellow with a PT cruiser convertable even made an offer to buy it at a stop light! I had a 77 Cobra back when, and I have to admit you really can go back with this car. If you want to have fun, you can't really go wrong with this ride.

Everything except the cup holders that have been mentioned often.

Not sure what can be done with cupholder placement, but it's definitely a pain. Rear suspension could be improved, it gets a bit skittish in rough corners.