2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best Mustang Ever
By edorgon on 07/20/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First had a '67, and of course regret ever getting rid of it. Bought this as a leftover in December 06 for a steal, loaded with rebates, dealer concessions, etc. Best buy in a car ever. Solid as a rock. Fast, and the sweetest engine rumble. Handles exceptionally well, and goes almost as quick as my supercharged 01 Jag XKR. Rougher, more raw power, but it adds to fun. Amazingly solid for a conv. A truly fantastic value with auto, premium everything, etc. Great car. Tempts me to get rid of my Jag and match this conv with an 08 fully loaded GT coupe!

Mid-life fantasy
By Dave on 05/30/07 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a convertible before I got too old to appreciate it, and I'm glad I did. My grandkids complain I'm too old to be driving such a hot car. Car is an absolute blast to drive, head and shoulders better than my 2000 GT coupe. Car looks super with top down, and I frequently get compliments. Power top has been trouble-free, no leaks to date. Biggest issue I have is interior squeaks/rattles I never had with my 2000 GT, which are annoying when top is up. Shaker 500 stereo is nice but I'm not sure speakers are suited to it. Rear defrost switch is in awkward position, hard to operate/see when in 5th gear. Using cupholders can make shifting awkward. Still, a tremendous value, super to drive.

Great Car
By Mustang Owner 06 on 03/01/07 05:59 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 'stang for about a year. Living in the north east, it's garaged for the winter, but spring is only a month away! I can't wait to park my Jeep and get back out in my Mustang.

My Toy
By Steve on 01/25/07 11:15 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had many muscle car convertibles in the past and didn't realize how much I missed them until I took the Mustang for a test drive. The old cars, especially with the prices they are currently demanding, don't have anything on this car. The ride, handling and performance are awesome and I wouldn't even think twice before making a cross country trip with this car. Unfortunately I live in the great white north so my baby is put away for the winter. But since I put it away I have been busy installing the Ford Racing power pack, can't wait to drive it with the 325hp I will have in Spring!

The 70's
By Whoa...... on 01/10/07 04:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I will be 70 in March and my wife of 46 years will be 69/39 in September 2007. My wife's friends at "Curves Gym" drive convertibles and we had a GT PT Cruiser that was boring us to death. So we went looking for something to make us feel younger and have something we can have for years to come (5 speed 300hp). The car is a 10! Mileage beats our Cruiser in city and highway. "GO FOR IT"

My Dream Car
By Jen on 12/19/06 21:20 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All my life I wanted a Mustang, and I'm glad I waited till now to buy it. The mix of the old body style, in and out sold me on this model. Handles like a sports car should, road hugging smooth that pulls threw any curve. Power is more than enough, there may be faster, but I don't see people breaking their necks to look at the grandma styled competitors. Going top down is an experience everyone should have. From 6 to 6o year olds, I've had them all point and compliments abound.

Stang tastic
By Bob on 12/11/06 18:50 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

On a warm summer day, top down, music blasting, yet you can still hear the rumble of the V-8 engine. When you put your foot into the throttle it jumps like a thoroughbred race horse. There's nothing like cruising with the top down.

Can't touch it for the money
By Macdadtexas on 12/02/06 06:27 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

For what is really an inexpensive car, I have had more fun driving daily than any other vehicle I have ever owned. The level of performance that is available right off the showroom floor for $30k cannot even be contemplated by any other car. Throw in the fact that Ford understands and embraces the aftermarket phenomenon for Mustangs, and that the car is built for add-ons, and it can be a fun hobby. Spend an extra $10k in upgrades and you have a car that challenges Porches, and blows away Corvettes. Great job on this one Ford, now work on the rest of your line.

Best bang for the buck!
By Thomas on 11/25/06 07:59 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the most exciting fun vehicle I have ever owned. It turns heads with its styling and not only performs well off the line and accelerating at higher speeds as well as taking off ramps, but also with the fantastic sound system!

Dream car revisited
By Kimberly on 11/22/06 10:23 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought the Mustang for looks and performance. Not disappointed with handling, acceleration, and oh the sound! My only two complaints...the seat belt "receiver" is hard to reach and the interior easily scratches.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.