2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best new car I've owned (I've owned 8)
By Super critical on 06/11/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First the bad. Struggling to get a full tank is unacceptable. Turning the nozzle upside down usually fixs the problem. Car is kinda thirsty but for the performance you get on regular gas, it's within the bounds of acceptable. I have an automatic and the hesitation on downshifting is unacceptable and unsafe when driving aggressively. Now the good. In over 39000 miles, it's never left me stranded. Never been in the shop for repairs. Cabin is squeak and rattle free still. Took it on a 8000mi trip and NEVER got out of it with a back ache. Stereo is great. Seat, console and door armrest position is the best I've ever had. I love the car and I'm not an easy person to please. Worth a look!

She's exactly what I wanted
By Marshall on 04/22/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 2006 Mustang GT is my seventh Mustang and by far, the best. The car runs 13's in the quarter, gets over 20mpg, sounds great, and is a blast to drive. Not the best handling car on the road, not the fastest either, but a solid platform that you can make into whatever kind of Mustang you would like. Tons of after market support including: wheels and tires, body kits, suspension system upgrades, power upgrades like blowers, turbos, nitrous oxide injection, super chargers cams, heads, etc... You take care of your Mustang and she'll take care of you. I run premium fuel and full synthetic oil. Follow the maintenance guidelines, don't be cheap and skip over expensive services.

Have your cake and eat it too!
By Green Onion on 03/14/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We ordered our's Labor Day of '05 and picked it up in Nov. Power, handling, MPG, looks are all amazing. At first, the MPG was awful but it's only temporary. After the break in period, I've seen as high as 26 MPG (at avg. 77 MPH) and regularly get 23-24 MPG on my commute (1/3 city 2/3rds Hwy). I suspect, it could go as high as 30 MPG on a long trip and a moderate 65mph but don't think I never put my foot in it. Plenty have tried but no one has beat me in stop light drags. Handling is surprising for solid rear axle, but would prefer a proper independent rear suspension. There are downsides, heavy doors, squeaks & rattles from dash but this is one of the most pleasurable cars on the road!

used to love it...
By bad times bad car on 03/11/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted the gt for many years, so I finally traded in my Mitsubishi for a 06 tungsten grey mustang gt. Ran great for about 2 months, then the problems started to occur... Ford services departments no matter where you go are no help, your better off saving time and money by going to an aftermarket shop to have any work done. I have owned it for a year and am done putting time and money into it. Though you can customize the car to any extent your better off getting a Dodge, Toyota, anything other than a ford.

Good Buy
By Jay on 02/16/09 09:17 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'll be sad to see mine go. I've had BMW's, Camaro's, and Vettes, and this is by far my favorite car to date. Very reliable so far with only one problem (fuel gauge sensor) but otherwise a perfect all around car. Not too fast (yes there is such a thing), but more than fast enough to get you in trouble on any road.

One Super Car
By DC Dave on 01/16/09 18:19 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my 2006 GT with 5,000 miles on it and in absolute perfect condition. This car is a blast to customize and an absolute head turner.

Incredible drive
By John on 09/24/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang new and right away I installed slp loudmouths and a K&N aircharger. I love this car. It's never a dull moment driving it. Just when you think you have it figured out it reminds you it has more when it slams you in the seat while spinning the tires.

Great Mustang!
By Nick on 09/19/08 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 06 Mustang GT for two and a half years. Overall, I love this car! The modern-retro look, the powerful v-8, the American-muscle rumble, its got it all. I always love driving it, even in my routine communites. In the world full of soccer mom mini-vans, clunky pick-up trucks, and ho-hum sedans, it feels good driving a car that stands out and demands attention. This just doesn't become a "daily driver car" like your grand am, accord, or malibu. This car becomes a part of you. You'll eventually end up giving this car a name like Shelby, Sally, or Eleanor. This is the type of car that you pass down to your children. So, buy one, throw in your fav AC/DC album, and drive and live!

Great Stang
By KIKI on 09/04/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car, dollar for dollar the most gratifying car I've owned. After coming off a slug slow but reliable BMW this is a very fun exciting ride. Wife's Audi which left our world last month feeling like a recovering crack addict, put her in the new 2009 flex. Average mileage 60% city 40% freeway/speedway southern california avg hghwy speed 80 mph overall mileage 21 on the Mustang v-8 quite impressive. Can't say enough about this car plan to hit 300k before retirement then it will still be worth a rebuild for weekend duties and fun.

Dream car
By jim on 09/01/08 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted a lime 68 as a kid but never could afford one. Now I am 50 and Ford not only brought back the color, but they made it look like what I wanted. I had been looking for a 68 or 69 in that color, which is impossible to find so I saw this 06 on the internet at my local dealer. One test drive made me realize that I didnt want an old one anymore. I got the looks coupled with power handling and a quality in the build that the 68 and 69 were lacking. So far I can't say enough good things about the car and hope to get a grabber orange to add to the 89 convertible, 98 coupe and 06 GT that I have now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.