Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Well worth the wait!
By shackm

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Previous mustang owner (1980) and have had a serious stalking issue with this car since Ford introduced the '05 model. I don't care too much for the look of the 09-11 models, and recently found an '06 and bought it from the original owner. He drove it a lot (70k miles), but took good care of it and she looks sweet. So much fun to drive and decent gas mileage too.

Leather seats, Shaker 500 system, 5- Speed Manual!, corners well, exhaust sound, Decent trunk size, Just an overall fun car to drive!

Telescoping Steering Wheel

Worst Mustang ever, Don't buy Ford !!!
By ilcoolj

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

09/23/06 I financed a '06 Mustang GT, my 1st new car. Previously my family and I have had about 10 Fords. after 6 mos. the car stalled out, I didnt think anything of it. In'07 the problem became more noticeable I also had the battery replace twice. The alternator and L/F headlight (water). In'08 the problem became more frequent stalling between 30-40mph. The dealer couldnt find thr problem after frequent visits. In Feb.'09 I was going to trade it in for a used '08 Shelby GT500. The deal fell apart when the belt kept tearing. Took it to another dealer and was told crank was bad, waited 2 mos. to have engine rebuilt. called cust.service they're very nasty. Lemon law,govt agencies,legal no help

Old school design.

Buy Dodge or Chevy ! DO NOT BUY FORD !!!

My 1st Stang !
By StangGirl731

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a blast. I purchased my 06' Performance White GT Premium about 4 months ago. It drives like a dream, its everything I ever imagined. I wanted one since the day it came out and I'm not sorry for the purchase. I get a lot of compliments. So far I have not had any problems what so ever. I have taken it to the Ford dealership I purchased it from for oil changes and everytime so far everything has been 100%

Acceleration, exhaust note, comfortable seats, shaker 500 audio.

I don't get why Ford is still behind their rivals with certain aspects. Like the manual passenger seat? What is that?

great car bad battery and window system
By stevie

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive the car and to look at the car. I have had problems with the battery draining. I've jumped it 5 times. I've also had problems with the driver side window. I had to take it to the dealership 2 times for the same issue. The 3rd time it was out of warranty and the dealership didn't want to take ownership of the problem.

300 hp and the growl of the engine.

I don't like dealing with the dealership service department. They are not helpful and not pleasant. The window is a recurring unresolved issue.

2006 gt premium
By mike bohle

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought new, my red dream stang has performed, well, overall. Interior, passenger side vent rattles, interior tail light housing held in place by flimsy, plastic screw assemblies. Closing the trunk causes the rear lights to blink. On positive side, average over 20.5 miles per gallon, everywhere!. Car used mainly to go to gym and back and to the beach on weekends. Runs fast, but interior is noisy. Hope Ford adds interior insulation package to 2010

throaty exhaust,body style(head turner

upgrade interior sound deadening more lateral seat support headliner door handle assists delete back seat-make the stang a 2 seater