Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 1st Stang !
By StangGirl731

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a blast. I purchased my 06' Performance White GT Premium about 4 months ago. It drives like a dream, its everything I ever imagined. I wanted one since the day it came out and I'm not sorry for the purchase. I get a lot of compliments. So far I have not had any problems what so ever. I have taken it to the Ford dealership I purchased it from for oil changes and everytime so far everything has been 100%

Acceleration, exhaust note, comfortable seats, shaker 500 audio.

I don't get why Ford is still behind their rivals with certain aspects. Like the manual passenger seat? What is that?

great car bad battery and window system
By stevie

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive the car and to look at the car. I have had problems with the battery draining. I've jumped it 5 times. I've also had problems with the driver side window. I had to take it to the dealership 2 times for the same issue. The 3rd time it was out of warranty and the dealership didn't want to take ownership of the problem.

300 hp and the growl of the engine.

I don't like dealing with the dealership service department. They are not helpful and not pleasant. The window is a recurring unresolved issue.

2006 gt premium
By mike bohle

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought new, my red dream stang has performed, well, overall. Interior, passenger side vent rattles, interior tail light housing held in place by flimsy, plastic screw assemblies. Closing the trunk causes the rear lights to blink. On positive side, average over 20.5 miles per gallon, everywhere!. Car used mainly to go to gym and back and to the beach on weekends. Runs fast, but interior is noisy. Hope Ford adds interior insulation package to 2010

throaty exhaust,body style(head turner

upgrade interior sound deadening more lateral seat support headliner door handle assists delete back seat-make the stang a 2 seater

What a car
By carlisleandy

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one of the nicest and fun cars I have owned, and I have had plenty of sports cars. I get alot of compliments, and the sound and power is unbelievable. This car is pretty comfortable on long trips, part of the reason is for the redesigned seats compaired to the '01 mustang GT I owned.

Style, performance, sound, and comfort for a sports car

Headrest are angled to far forward.Some hesitation with auto transmission.

Quality's not there
By Mr boil

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. That's why it pains me to have to report this car's been in the shop almost a dozen times. It was in for the rear clutch pack TSB 4 times! The Shaker system ate several CD's. It rattles. It's hard to fuel at times. The A/C barely cools the interior. I've had 10 year old Honda's that didn't exhibit 1/10th the problems this car's had. This is the last Ford this former employee will ever buy. What a shame.

Sounds great. Goes fast. Looks cool.

One word: quality. Build some into it.