Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Elvira
By pitbeagle73

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As soon as I got a glimpse of the 2006 Mustang GT I knew that I would have one, all I had to do was find one that was black on black. Well, that proved to be harder than anticipated. It took more than a year but we found a dealership that would allow us to build the car of our dreams. I picked Elvira up on Oct 2nd 2005 and she has been loved every day since. We drove her from Ohio to Florida in pouring rain without any trouble and surprising gas mileage. She is garage kept and stored as soon as snow threatens to fall. Our only complaint has been the cupholder position and trouble finding quality after market parts such as the shaker system that my husband suprised me with this past birthday

Looks. Retro styling with modern technology. Power and handling with 26 mpg. Price. I was new to a manual transmission so I was thankful for the smooth shifting and clutch ratio.

For a manual transmition the cupholder is in the way. Do not like the look of the convertible. A little bit of a blind spot when backing with rear passengers, (but my friends have big heads)

Solid, Fun to Drive, Even Fuel Efficient
By Clay

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This was a fulfillment of a high school dream, only with better MPG than the 1965 Mustang! Excellent handling, Excellent gas mileage considering you have 300HP at your disposal.

Looks bad to the bone! First one to leave a red light and can see all others in the rear view mirror like they are standing still. Shaker 500 watt system thumps!

Rear seats don't fold down even with trunk floor. A little lag in acceleration when already in motion [dealer said it was because of auto trans]. Seat belt sometimes locks in position.

What a beautiful car
By Scott Purvis

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2006 Mustang GT. This is an amazing vehicle. Mine came with an after market intake and Ford racing exhaust. These two mods make a huge difference to the performance. I would highly recomend them. I can say I get looks from everyone when I drive by. The fuel milege is pretty good for a V8 with 300HP. The Shaker 500 stereo is very good for being stock. The only thing that I would like to see is a more race inspired bucket seat in the front. Other than that wouldn't change a thing.

300 HP, stereo, throtle response, space in trunk and inside cab, overall styling.

Just the bucket seats.

2006 Mustang GT performance white
By jblair8903

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am a 21 year old sailor. I had money to spend and I looked at 10 different cars from Acura to Mazda. And the car that came out on top for me was the 2006 Mustang GT. It is not only stylish, It is fast out of the box. With the 5 speed manual there are not too many stock cars that can take you on. My GT was a deluxe with everything a premium has, it was a canceled order, but canceled too late. Their loss was my gain. I love this car, I have began upping the performance and I can't wait to see what she's got after I max out her potential. I would recommend this car to anyone with the need for speed and eye for beautiful cars. I am proud to say I own a FORD.

Great engine/transmission, acceleration, options, styling, and the pure satisfaction I get when putting the pedal to the floor, and going through the gears.

HANDLING, (the Ford racing handling pack is a must, not all roads are straight). Don't skimp money on the small things, like the electrical wires, materials that make up the interior. And more power to create a better hp to weight ratio.

Mustang GT
By Jerry

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one fast, fun car to drive. The engine is powerful, the 5 speed transmission shifts with ease. The Mustang GT looks great, I get comments about it everywhere I go. Shaker sound system will blow you away.

Engine power and vehicle design.

None. Leave it alone.