2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Looks aren't everything!
By ChuckH on 12/18/06 14:25 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

WOW! What a GREAT looking CAR. Inside AND out! Too bad looks aren't everything. Worst quality control I've seen in years. After 3600 miles this car has had a noisy rear end, exhaust vibration, front suspension noises, and three rattles in the dash! It also takes dealers more that one trip to fix. Huge disappointment overall.

Great Stang
By Mrtigger13 on 08/31/06 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned three Mustangs now, a 89 5.0, 98 Cobra and now the 06 GT. Love the V-8 power, good torque curve, reminds me of the 89 5.0. I have a redfire deluxe. I like the cloth seats with the little Mustang ponies. The interior quality has gotten very good in the last few years. Handling is very good, very balanced, brakes excellent. I love the retro looks, tri-bar tail lights and the big driving lights in the grill.

New and already problems
By steve on 08/24/06 21:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Well I've only had my car not even two weeks and it's already back at the dealer. I've been told its a bad PCM. So far it's already taken two days to get the part and it hasn't even arrived yet. In the mean time I have a rental car, a 2006 Escape. I miss my car. It's not even broken in yet and already I'm having problems. I mean I love driving it. I've gotten lots of compliments on it. But, you mean is this typical....

My 67 pony back from the dead
By Steve on 08/09/06 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No doubt about it, the car is fun to drive. The car looks great, everywhere I go I get people just walking up to me and telling me what a great car I have. If you are thinking about buying the Mustang, spend the extra $10,000 and get the Roush - it's worth every penny and makes the car stand out from the rest.

Former Vette Owner
By MustangConvert on 06/23/06 20:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Less than 500 miles on my Legend Lime GT and lovin every minute of it. The sound of the engine when you start it and when you open it up can't be beat. This car is every bit as fun to drive and powerful as my 1996 LT4 and the styling, both exterior and interior, puts that car to shame. My eight year old fits in the back seat just fine, but I wouldn't put any adults back there. I get positive comments every time I drive it. The 18" polished chrome wheels really set this car up nice.

try it- you'll like it :)
By Tim Colgate on 06/21/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ive had quite a few cars since 1980, but nothing even close to this much fun. ONLY dislikes are the seats need readjusting every time kids get in/out, most of them have fuel fill issues sooner or later - mine hasn't burped gas on me since the second fill up though, and it's hard to powershift into third- it will bark'em though if you get it right. :) Ride is firm, but don't beat you up like my 85 Camaro used to, power is excellent for such a small V8, brakes are incredible. Give the exhaust note a "A+" too. Drive by wire can be quirky, but recalibrating just requires turning key on, waiting for lights to go out, floor it, release, shutoff key. Test drive a GT stick - dare ya not to buy it.

All AAAAAA's Here!
By kmparry on 05/29/06 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car has been everything I expected and so much more! Drives so smooth and tight yet quick off the line. A real head turner wherever I go. This is the return of the muscle car at its best!

Lovin it
By Bronco7 on 04/23/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

2006 Legend Lime GT, love every once of it and never tire of driving it at any speed. Great muscle car for under $30,000.

Awesome Stang
By Scott on 04/08/06 04:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ford has a winner. It brings back memories of my first car, a 65 Mustang. This is by far the greatest car I have owned. The ride is far better than I expected, very comfortable and no fatigue. It's a thrill to drive. My commute to work is a blast. The gas mileage is acceptable for a V-8. I'm averaging 23.5 mpg and that's not babying the car either. The 5 speed manual transmission is smooth with a lot of torque. Really sets you back in the seat. The car loves to go fast, its performance is awesome. I get compliments all the time about the styling of this car. All in all it is a great ride, fun to drive, great performance and a real head turner to boot. Awesome Stang.

Don't Touch
By Jason on 03/13/06 08:18 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Finally bought a car I actually wanted. I lost sleep the 2 days before I picked it up from the dealer. I am still finding myself wanted to go to the store so I can drive it. I even told the wife we need to move further from my work so I can drive it more. I am still getting the occasional "Nice Mustang" when I park it near people. The down side is I have to be selective where I park. I love the sound (engine & Shaker 500). It is sharp inside and out. I was even surprised with the trunk space, bigger than I thought. Love this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.