Used 2006 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Car
By ChristaK

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's noisy. It rides rough. It's uncomfortable on long trips. It's great on gas. It looks great. It has not let me down. I wouldn't trade it for another.....Unless it was a newer one. This is my second one. It's all mine. And it's payed off!

Very nice sound system, automatic transmission.

Optional more comfortable seating.

I got one of those lemons
By Dave S

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car to be an occasional driver - I have only put 13,000 miles on it in 3 years. Here is a list of things replaced on warranty and mileage when replaced: Differential - 500 miles Radiator fan - 1800 miles Door jamb switch - 1900 miles A/C compressor - 2900 miles Fuel pump - 6100 miles A/C high pressure switch - 7800 miles Alternator - 9200 miles A/C line - 10400 miles A/C recharged - 12700 miles The warranty has just expired and guess what? A/C not working again. For some unknown reason this vehicle does not want to have working A/C. Very frustrating. After my experience with this car I understand why the big 3 are in financial dire straits. Very shoddy workmanship IMO.

Shaker stereo, styling. Really a fun car to drive when it runs.

What can I say? Perhaps a total rehab of quality control?

2006 V6 Coupe Premium + Options
By dmbandTX

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 mustangs recently; a 2002 V6, a 2004 anniversary V6, and my current 2006 V6 coupe. The 2006 is by far the best of the three I've owned. The sleek exterior reminiscent of the fastback look and retro interior are much preferred to the builds in the first half of the 2000's. My model is a torch red 5 speed manual which shifts much smoother than the previous vehicles. Options include all the V6 premium additions plus Pony Package (fog lamps / upgraded grill are sporty). The interior has a limited dark charcoal all leather finish, and the dash is upgraded to include the multi-function display below the speedometer and SHAKER-1000 Audio - much improved over previous MACH systems

Style/body are far superior/sporty compared to recent earlier models. The upgrades to the base V6 are highly recommended; power driver seat, all leather, multi function display, custom grill, fog lamps, SHAKER-1000 audio, ABS, etc are all great. SHAKER-1000 = best stock audio I have seen in any car.

The 210HP V6 offers plenty of power, but an additional 20-30 HP could be squeezed out without too much effort by Ford. Still, the '06 V6 has the feel (especially with a manual stick) of an earlier GT (I prefer my '06 V6 to a 2000-ish GT). More options could/should be standard/available on the V6.

The Best Mustang Yet
By Pam

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned many Mustangs. From a 1965 Coupe to a 2003 Mach 1 (I still own that one). This is the best Mustang yet in every area. It handles well, looks great, and has much more room that any previous Mustang. I have a five speed manual and it gets over 30 mpg on the highway although it is not rated that high. This car is the best "all around" car I have ever owned. In addition everywhere I go everyone compliments me on the car and wants to know all about it. I have found that not only is this car welcome at Mustang shows it is also welcome at all local cruise in's, car shows, etc. Try that with your SUV. It is 1965 all over again with this latest generation Mustang!

The way it looks, retro yet drives like a modern car. Gas mileage and stereo system great. Lots of car for the money. Great in town and even better on the highway. I own a business and frequently use mine to pick up supplies instead of using my gas guzzling truck. Just fold down the rear seat.

The clutch is not the greatest. Have had a dead battery and pinion gear seal go bad at approx. 30,000 miles. Ford towed and repaired no charge.

Love our Mustang
By ida

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We were going to wait till next year to buy a car but when we saw the Mustang we were sold. Everything on it we really like. There is so much room for my husband who is 6'3". Owned a smaller vehicle but was always cramped. Would recommend it to anyone. Brought back old memories of the Ford Mustang. Going to put it in a show on July 19.

The look of the car it is so close to being the old style of the Mustang. The performance and the ride. The space in the trunk is great

A trunk release. The seatbelts are a little to far back to reach. On the passenger side there is no way to unlock the door if the remote wouldn't work or the drivers side would not be able to open. Other then that just great!