2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
A Great Pony
By Snotrocket on 06/19/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine new in July of 06. v6 Legend Lime w/pony package. I went with the V6 due to price and insurance cost. After adding a S&B CAI, Predator tune, and GT muffler, I bumped up the hp to that of a small block v8, about 240hp. A 4:10 is going in shortly to makeup for the automatic. The v6 is a great platform to start off on if your on a tight budget. Responds well to S/C's which take the v6 to the 310hp range. I don't have that many miles on the car, but I haven't had any issues with it. I still get many compliments from people when I am out and about. I have no regrets with this car. It's a blast.

Nice Pony
By david on 06/11/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Options on our car include the Pony package, leather seats and upgraded stereo. Having owned a '65 Mustang Fastback for many years I really wasn't expecting to be impressed by the new Mustangs. Boy was I wrong. With each session behind the wheel of the new Pony, the poor handling, braking and lack of air conditioning of my classic Pony becomes even more evident. The new Pony really is more fun to drive. Even though I bought the car for my daughter, I do get to drive it when it needs gas. Which isn't that often since the peppy V6 gets 18-20mpg in town & 26-30 mpg on the road. So many styling cues taken from the early Mustangs I feel right at home in this car.

Just Good
By Brian Schrock on 06/11/08 00:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is a great commuter car. Not really a quick car (0-60mph 7-7.3 sec) from my experience (I have an auto). The tires are loud on the freeway and can get annoying on long trips. The ride comfort on the freeway is good, but a litle stiff on city roads. Also there is a lot of body roll while cornering at over 18 mph. The transmission shifts nice and smooth, but it is not the quickest shifting transmission. The fuel economy is not bad in the city I get 18-20 mpg, but if I use cruise control on the freeway I average 24-28 mpg.

Great pony
By darryl Filiatrault on 05/18/08 14:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best car I've ever owned. CA to Toronto, CA to Vancouver 34 mpg great. Lots less in town because I don't spare the horses lots of fun to drive. I'm a large guy and find the seats guite comfy. Mine is windvail blue. Lots of aftermarket parts. Looks great .

Best Mustang Ever!
By heather26 on 10/25/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a Mustang, but never thought I'd actually get one. I researched all the Japanese cars that got good fuel economy, but I could not get the Mustang out of my mind. Even though it doesn't get the MPGs I was looking for, it was totally worth it. And I don't know how happy my parents are having a 17 year old drive a fast sports car, they agree it is a great car. Every time I get in the car I have a huge smile on my face.

DONT BUY A MUSTANG!
By stnghot on 10/18/07 22:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I made the mistake of buying one of these 2006 lemons. It is sitting in the shop w 46000 miles on it..the bill? $3000. Entire rear diff has to be replaced including the axles are shot. Theres a service bulletin so get yours checked! Ford offered to pay 750..I drive it like a baby and a rear diff should not go out that early. Research and you will find Im not the only one. Im not fixing this lemon. Its going to its grave and Im buying a foreign car. Called Ford..they said thanks for calling...they dont stand behind their cars so why would I put myself in one? Perfect personalized plate would be FORDLMN if I was gonna keep it. Save yourself the hassle and heartache....dont buy one.

"Payback Pony"
By Lizard on 05/25/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

While in hospital for 4 months, I used the latest style Mustang as my "carrot to recovery." My 1st "pinned in the seat" experience was in a '68 428 (I was 9). V6 goes like a small V8. In Canada, Ford markets this as the "Pony Pkg," which includes the handling pkg (ABS, traction control, and rear sway bar). Beautiful "Bullitt" wheels (17") and Pirrelli's, are included, along with Pony badging. 5 speed auto is smooth and saves gas (22 mpg imp). Build quality rivals my Camry. The vented, 4 wheel disc brakes are amazing! Car really handles well, too. Overall, I'm very pleased, with this well balanced car. The 210 horsepower V6 is ample for today's economy/gas prices/speed limits.

Ford Won't Fix My Mustang
By Another Lemon Driver on 03/26/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I believe it is NOT normal.There is a surge in the RPMs in neutral…up to 2500 at times. This problem is intermittent. According to the engineer, this is the way the car is supposed to drive if the car is not downshifted, and also that it could be that I am not pushing the clutch in all the way. I have had this problem occur even in the absence of these supposed precipitating factors. I have had my Mustang in for service numerous times over the past year. The problem started a month after I bought the car. If it is normal, why didn't it do it when I first bought the car?

The envy of the office
By MeLLowJive on 02/21/07 09:37 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Working at a Fortune 100 company you'd think there would be less minivans and Hyundais in the parking lot. But mine is like 1/4th Mustangs. But mine has the pony package and interior upgrade. I love the looks and get tons of compliments. It's fast, handles well, gets OK gas mileage, great on highway, really bad if you look at the digital mileage while idling or city driving. Shaker 500 sound system is terrible, it's very bulky and doesn't match with my aluminum dash. They should have made all the climate knobs silver and stereo trim. Water always drips off the roof edge onto my seat when its raining and you open door. Water sits in the gas cap area, can rust? No trunk release inside either?

Love My 'Stang!
By grybohhk on 12/23/06 09:41 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Until this latest generation of Mustang, I have not liked any of the designs since 1970. I opted for the V6 Premium with Pony Package. I have a long commute and gas mileage was a concern. The 5 speed manual transmission gives the V-6 plenty of power. Only issues I have had were poor adhesive on the Pony side stripe and a hose for the emissions equipment came loose. Dealer took care of both of these under warranty. So many aftermarket parts are available to give the Mustang its own personality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.