Used 2006 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love My Stang
By Ernesto Cancio

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best Mustang GT I ever owned; not has fast as my 1986 but it was not governed. At the age of 45 speed not that important but it looks good and feels even better.

18' low profile pony wheels, fast back design, retro to 1969.

Don't like the window delay design.

Awesome Car
By Awesome!! by Tom

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a head-turner, everyone comments on it. Took a friend for a ride and he said "I didn't think they made cars like this anymore, this thing is unbelievable. I had the GT-500 stripes, side window louvers, taillight bezels and special grill added to this. I am planning to add a Roush supercharger to take this to 415hp. I love this car. This is the most customizable car on the planet. There are thousands of cool add on parts for this car.

Looks--Power--Handling, all this at a very affordable price.

Larger fuel tank.

2006 Mustang GT
By GH

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car, for the money it can't be beat, and I've always been a Chevy guy! (3 Z/28's). The engine has a sweet note above 3000 rpm and pulls solid to 6000. The most surprising thing has been the great gas mileage, it's much better than I expected. I think that there is tons of room for simple, effective performance gains and in a few years 400-500 HP S197's will be everywhere, Shelbys not withstanding,

Great retro looks. Good power and sound. Just too fun to drive.

Engine runs on regular unleaded, which is cheaper of course, but I'd gladly pay the extra few dollars per tank for the performance improvements of premium fuel.

Giddy Up!
By brenda

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. Only difficult thing about the car is the seat belt. Other than that it has everything I need in a car. Beats my Mercedes.

Not sure how it could be done in the coupe but the seat belts are tough to grab since they are set pretty far back, even those that are taller and have the seat set back struggle to grab it.

Dream Car
By Michele

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having grown up with the Mustang, I fell in love again with this one. Of course I wanted certain things and when my husband called me to say my car was on the lot, I was in heaven. I told him to get a salesman to slap a sold sticker on it, I was getting a check. Pony package a must and of course it had to have a stick. No fun driving a pony unless I can control it. It's a V6 4.0, and moves. Gas mileage is good. Can't believe I've had it a year already. No, it's not a mid-life crisis, just the car I've always dreamed about, that I finally have. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Awesome stereo system, pony package really adds to looks.

Nt much to improve on perfection, love this car.