2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Probably the best Mustang ever built.
By Ima Happy Boy on 01/31/06 22:56 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not everyone remembers the early Mustangs, but I do. Although they were a groundbreaking design, automotive technology has progressed to a point unimaginable in 1967. This Mustang takes advantage of everything known about how to build a great car and puts it all together in a retro package that is a work of styling art. The designers took the best styling cues from the 1960's models and added a touch of modern style to make a beautiful machine that performs better than the originals ever could. Even the gas sipping V6 models outperform the 289 V8 models of the 1960's, especially in regards to handling and braking.

No Regrets
By FuntoDrive on 01/31/06 12:02 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive it and look for excuses to go places. I bought an 06 GT 5-speed, Tungsten Grey w/ 18" polished wheels (and all other options) on 1 Jan '06. I got a great deal by buying a car on the lot and got it below invoice. Mine came with the Shaker 1000 radio. It wasn't a feature I really wanted and was the first thing I negotiated off the price. I was concerned the extra sub woofers wouldn't allow the golf clubs to fit in the trunk. I shouldn't have worried. The clubs still fit! I get compliments on the car all the time. I love it when the Camaros come up next to me at a light. The sound of the exhaust is awesome! Great car for the price! It handles and looks great.

2006 Mustang GT Fastback
By peckinpaugh on 01/21/06 22:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Driving the Fastback is an experience like no other. I love it! We now have 2500 miles on the car and I’ve never enjoyed a car more. Mine is black with red and black interior. We have the fancy dash you get with the leather interior. I've had the windows tinted black and the cops follow me to the grocery store. Are they surprised when a grey haired lady steps out. I've had Mustangs before, but they were '64's, '65's and '66's. The gas mileage is better then we had expected, although it really didn't matter to us at the time we ordered it in June, '05 I would tell anyone thinking about buying a stang, that they better do it fast, so as not to waste time. Love it, love it, love it!

Return of the Mustang
By Dan on 01/20/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car two weeks ago and have loved every minute I get to drive it. I even think about driving it when I'm working. Mine is a beautiful Windveil Blue that brings a tear to my eye every time I see it. And the power! I've always loved the old '60's Mustangs, but haven't been impressed by any of the Mustangs for the past several decades. I was so happy to see a return of the true muscle car look.

J.R. & Ramona's Toy
By Jack & Ramona's Toy on 01/19/06 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We've owned our GT Premium Coupe now for about six weeks and have accumulated only about 500 miles so far as the roads here in Germany have been pretty slick due to the winter weather that is typical this time of the year. My wife and I have had plenty of fun on the weekends driving our "toy" around on the German Autobahn where speed limits are fairly uncommon and wide open throttle is "common". Well I can say that so far our '06 "Stang" has NOT let us down yet. Besides having to replace the fuel tank since the fuel nozzle cut off every milli-second at the 1/2 tank mark, we have had absolutely no problems so far. This car is truly a "best buy"; we highly recommend!

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER
By Alex on 01/12/06 20:50 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My parents surprised me with a 2006 black GT on Christmas eve. I was completely shocked. I have had the car for about 3 weeks now and am loving it. I recommend the Shaker 1000 stereo system. I has the 5 speed manual transmission which is smooth shifting and a short throw. It accelerates like none other! I also have the interior upgrade package with the red leather which looks incredible. I get compliments on the car every time i drive somewhere. The exhaust note turns heads all over. Great buy for 30,000 300HP car. Won't disappoint!

The American Muscle Car is Back!
By Patrick on 01/11/06 18:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a fantastic car! The retro design is what caught my attention when I first saw one on the road in January 2005. I'm 43 years old and can remember the Mustang's of the late 60's and early 70's where the new 2005/06 gets its design from. I got the 4.6L V8 deluxe with automatic transmission and I get about 20mpg overall which is not bad for a V8. The seats are firm but very comfortable. I've taken one trip so far that was 4 hours long and I didn't feel worn out or tired at all at my destination. The car is also very well balanced and feels as though it's "glued" to the road at higher speeds and there was no vibration in the steering wheel.

My 2005 Mustang
By Haverson Disk Jockey on 01/10/06 22:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My Mustang is fun to drive, has very great gas mileage, and between me and you, can beat anyone other car around.

The Ultimate Mustang
By wolverine on 01/07/06 11:58 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third Mustang ('84 GT, '90 GT convertible) and this is, without question, the quintessential Pony Car. At 47, I was ready to settle down and purchase an Accord or Toyota. Glad I didn't. You can't get more bang for your buck. And if you don't drive like a madman, you can get decent gas mileage (I'm currently averaging 20.6 mpg - city and highway). Ford, you hit this one outta the park!

love my pony
By rick on 01/05/06 23:23 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

So far the experience has been great. I love my '06 pony. Mine is vista blue, charcoal black interior with a 5 speed. And the dash lights, wow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.