Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Jack Donohue

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The most fun I've had driving a car in a long time. From the time I first saw the 2005 as a convertible I knew I had to get one. To get it the way I wanted I had to order it. Black, tan interior, tan top, 5 speed. I am very surprised & delighted at the good quality throughout. Fast, handles & looks great. Hardly a day goes by without someone commenting on what a great car it is. Traded a BMW Z4 for this pony & the fun factor went up by 100%.

The looks, the sound, the handling. Nothing in price range even comes close.

The time it takes put the top up or down & the manual lock/unlock of the convertible top.

Mustang Jacy
By andy

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My experienced with my Jacy has been great. The power from the v8 engine is simply awesome. The car is comfortable for two. My kids are a little cramped in the back. The car is awesome to drive and definitely turns heads.

The Shaker 500 stereo system with the in dash 6 cd changer. The leather wrapped steering wheel and just about the whole car to put it simply.

Nothing to add in this section.

Mid Life Crisis Ride
By Robert E O'hara

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had it for a month and it's lots of fun. Every man turning 50 ought to get one. My kids like it too. It's fast. At least, so I am told; I gave up on leaving rubber about 20 years ago. It's surely a pretty car, and, with the top down, it's mighty fun to drive. I like it in all respects and can't think of a thing I'd change.

In dash, six C/D changer. Variable color dash lights.

None.

Get the GT
By Dan F

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We got this car a week ago and could not be happier.Thought about the V6 but then drove the GT, WOW! The power, the handling and the ride are all impressive. Went with the five speed and I love it. Got the Redfire with the light parchment leather, BEAUTIFUL. Get the GT!

Power, handling, ride, 18 inch wheels and style.

Audio controls on steering wheel and it needs a remote trunk opener in glove box.

One Fun Car
By cmyrick

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first car was a 67 Mustang so the first time I saw a 05 GT, I knew I would own one. My only regret is not waiting for the GT 500. I have already upgraded my suspension from Ford Racing and plan to upgrade the exhaust and put on headers next. Next year the supercharger goes in. It won't quite be a 500 with a 4.6 vs the 5.4, but the Miller Track in Utah is sure going to be fun. I would recommend this car to anyone that likes a little muscle.

Price, retro interior, cornering (even before the upgrade).

Dash noise from first day.