Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Toy With Attitude
By John

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I finally got the car I always wanted and couldn't be happier. This car turns heads wherever it goes and never fails to excite. It is a great daily driver but when you push the go pedal it pushes you back into your seat above 4 grand in a very nice continuous power band up till about 5000rpm before redline; even at 6000 ft in Colorado this car pulls nicely. The $4000 buck premium for the convertible is well worth it - the very well made rag top goes up and down fairly quickly and when up holds out the road noise pretty nicely. I highly recommend this vehicle for people that want a whole heck of a lot of fun for a very reasonable price.

Engine, engine, and the engine. This car has been totally embraced by the aftermarket makers for everything from CAI's to turbos to superchargers. The top is great and fit and finish seem very good for a domestic car.

Fix the darn skipper 500. Add more features for reading MP3's. Do something to liven up the center console that in all black is very very boring to look at. Chop the darn 18,000 foot radio antenna and shorten it.

06 Windveil blue GT
By Randy Smith

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first Mustang. It is incredible. The classic styling of it reminds my wife of her first car, which was a 65 Mustang! We are incredibly happy. ItÂ’s been washed and waxed truly detailed. It's beautiful.

The 300 hp v8 baby! It is great.

Factory tinted glass to block the sun more.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Jack Donohue

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The most fun I've had driving a car in a long time. From the time I first saw the 2005 as a convertible I knew I had to get one. To get it the way I wanted I had to order it. Black, tan interior, tan top, 5 speed. I am very surprised & delighted at the good quality throughout. Fast, handles & looks great. Hardly a day goes by without someone commenting on what a great car it is. Traded a BMW Z4 for this pony & the fun factor went up by 100%.

The looks, the sound, the handling. Nothing in price range even comes close.

The time it takes put the top up or down & the manual lock/unlock of the convertible top.

Mustang Jacy
By andy

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My experienced with my Jacy has been great. The power from the v8 engine is simply awesome. The car is comfortable for two. My kids are a little cramped in the back. The car is awesome to drive and definitely turns heads.

The Shaker 500 stereo system with the in dash 6 cd changer. The leather wrapped steering wheel and just about the whole car to put it simply.

Nothing to add in this section.

Mid Life Crisis Ride
By Robert E O'hara

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had it for a month and it's lots of fun. Every man turning 50 ought to get one. My kids like it too. It's fast. At least, so I am told; I gave up on leaving rubber about 20 years ago. It's surely a pretty car, and, with the top down, it's mighty fun to drive. I like it in all respects and can't think of a thing I'd change.

In dash, six C/D changer. Variable color dash lights.

None.