Used 2006 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Just Good
By Brian Schrock

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is a great commuter car. Not really a quick car (0-60mph 7-7.3 sec) from my experience (I have an auto). The tires are loud on the freeway and can get annoying on long trips. The ride comfort on the freeway is good, but a litle stiff on city roads. Also there is a lot of body roll while cornering at over 18 mph. The transmission shifts nice and smooth, but it is not the quickest shifting transmission. The fuel economy is not bad in the city I get 18-20 mpg, but if I use cruise control on the freeway I average 24-28 mpg.

Tires are loud, but get great traction, love the my color feature, Nice classic style wheels, beautiful front end w/the pony package, beuatiful exterior styling, and the speakers sound great.

Automatic headlights, needs a trunk realse button inside the car, Better fit and finish, nicer interior (less plastic on dash board), fix the body roll, and better CD reader for the CD player (every once in a while the CD player won't read a CD that has been burned or copied).

Built Ford Tuff
By Adrian

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I waited to buy a Mustang after I saw that a new boby style was coming out. I ordered mine from my brother who is a manager at a Ford dealer. Over the phone I showed him several web sites that had the type of spoiler, stripes and front air dam that I wanted. I grew up with sixties muscle cars and wanted mine to look retro. So many people stopped me to ask about the car that it began to get embarassing. The car look great. Dark Blue with white LeMans stripes, and a duck tail spoiler. My neighbor(its been across the street for 2 yrs)asked my wife what kind of milage I was getting with that old muscle car. She told him 20+ combined city/Hwy. he called her a lier,and she told him it was an 06.

Style, handling, performance.

Increase the displacement of the engine but I know that won't happen because of the Cobra. Not to much to improve on. The Cobra has 500hp vs 300 for mine and is only 1/2 second fasted 0-60, and I'm use regular gas. With minor mods I could more than make up that difference and mine cost 1/2 as much.

Bad To The Bone
By gypsy

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 Silver GT brand new, and only have 7,100 miles on it. Have the 5 speed manual trans. which is the only way to go. Have added lots of goodies to it to pump up the HP's, and replaced the stock mufflers with MAC. Sounds totally awesome. Added louvers, hood scoop & blackout panel on the trunk lid. I totally love this car, and the way I feel right now, will keep it for as long as I'm around. I still get a thrill when I get behind the wheel, and never have a shortage of people telling me how great it looks.

Style, performance, sound.

Interior could be a little more comfortable.

Great pony
By darryl Filiatrault

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best car I've ever owned. CA to Toronto, CA to Vancouver 34 mpg great. Lots less in town because I don't spare the horses lots of fun to drive. I'm a large guy and find the seats guite comfy. Mine is windvail blue. Lots of aftermarket parts. Looks great .

My color dash, ability to turn tcs off. Great performance.

None needed

Solid, Fun to Drive, Even Fuel Efficient
By Clay

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This was a fulfillment of a high school dream, only with better MPG than the 1965 Mustang! Excellent handling, Excellent gas mileage considering you have 300HP at your disposal.

Looks bad to the bone! First one to leave a red light and can see all others in the rear view mirror like they are standing still. Shaker 500 watt system thumps!

Rear seats don't fold down even with trunk floor. A little lag in acceleration when already in motion [dealer said it was because of auto trans]. Seat belt sometimes locks in position.