2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Stang
By Mrtigger13 on 08/31/06 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned three Mustangs now, a 89 5.0, 98 Cobra and now the 06 GT. Love the V-8 power, good torque curve, reminds me of the 89 5.0. I have a redfire deluxe. I like the cloth seats with the little Mustang ponies. The interior quality has gotten very good in the last few years. Handling is very good, very balanced, brakes excellent. I love the retro looks, tri-bar tail lights and the big driving lights in the grill.

New and already problems
By steve on 08/24/06 21:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Well I've only had my car not even two weeks and it's already back at the dealer. I've been told its a bad PCM. So far it's already taken two days to get the part and it hasn't even arrived yet. In the mean time I have a rental car, a 2006 Escape. I miss my car. It's not even broken in yet and already I'm having problems. I mean I love driving it. I've gotten lots of compliments on it. But, you mean is this typical....

2006 Mustang with Pony Pack
By Al on 08/20/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

From the living room came a call from Heather, my 16 year-old daughter, "Dad, mom needs you in the driveway!” Being a dad I thought something was wrong with Kerri Ann, my 21 year-old, whom my wife said she was at the mall with. Kerri rounds the corner driving my wife's 2003 PT Cruiser. Now confused, I asked, "Where in the world is your mom?" Then the sound...the low murmur of a V6 engine with a beautifully tuned exhaust caught. Then, from around the corner, I caught the sparkle of Vista Blue paint on the unmistakable nose of a Mustang, with the 1967 GTA inspired grillwork. It was my wife behind the wheel of a new 2006 Mustang with Pony Package! Red bow and all. Life is Good!

Best Car Ever Owned
By Patricia Johnston on 08/16/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned a lot of cars in 53 years of marriage. Our first was a 1947 Ford. We decided to get a "fun car" as we had not bought a car since 1990. We went to buy a Ford truck and ended up with a 2006 Mustang Pony, Premium package, black. This is the best ever. The ride is extremely quiet, no outside road noise. You can turn the radio way up and stand outside the car and you can't hear anything. It's well made, love the traction on turning and it's just a beautiful automobile. We love this car!

Mustang GT Convertible.
By kevin on 08/10/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This care is awesome. Amazing power for the money & comfortable.

My 67 pony back from the dead
By Steve on 08/09/06 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No doubt about it, the car is fun to drive. The car looks great, everywhere I go I get people just walking up to me and telling me what a great car I have. If you are thinking about buying the Mustang, spend the extra $10,000 and get the Roush - it's worth every penny and makes the car stand out from the rest.

One-Dimensional Boy-Racer
By Dan on 08/09/06 07:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After reading the raves here and on some other sites, I sprung for this vehicle without even a test drive. Boy! That was a mistake! Now I'm stuck with it until I can save up for another vehicle. In a nutshell: Interior noise off-the-chart. Weird "What gear am I in?" transmission...the list could go on, but I don't have enough room.

Reminds me of my '68
By jetmyke on 08/05/06 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It was time for my wife to get a new car. She selected the V6 Mustang. It has been a good choice! We were looking at the GT, but it only gets about 17 mpg around town (real world, I work with someone who has one) and the insurance was a bit high. Our Mustang is getting 21 mpg around town, which isn't too bad for a car this size. We have the pony package, so this car has TCS, anti-lock brakes, 17" wheels and GT suspension. Well worth the money. On the open road it rides quite well and has plenty of passing power. I plan on putting a cold air induction system and a Banks free flow exhaust on the car, should bump the HP up to 245. That will be plenty of juice!

Working man's sports car
By P51 Flyer on 07/30/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Opted for 5 speed and 18" polished Bullitt style wheels. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. Looks good and has enough oomph to get you in trouble. Almost couldn't keep the car 'cause I didn't tell the wife about it. I have a bad habit of trading cars in every year! This is my 3rd Mustang and it keeps getting better and better. Will keep this one for at least the life of the loan. Previous ones I had were model year 2000 and 2002. I'm a fan of American muscle cars, old and new. This has high "bang for the buck" factor!

Holds up in accident...
By She holds up well... on 07/15/06 05:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I put about ten thousands miles on my Mustang so far and I cant stop. I love the feel of driving this hot car. I was hit on the freeway in LA...the other cars were totaled and I drove away. I was so grateful that I had a tough built Mustang. It really holds up. And always take your Mustang to the Ford dealer for body repairs. I had to learn the hard way.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.