2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
The 70's
By Whoa...... on 01/10/07 04:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I will be 70 in March and my wife of 46 years will be 69/39 in September 2007. My wife's friends at "Curves Gym" drive convertibles and we had a GT PT Cruiser that was boring us to death. So we went looking for something to make us feel younger and have something we can have for years to come (5 speed 300hp). The car is a 10! Mileage beats our Cruiser in city and highway. "GO FOR IT"

Mustang GT
By Jerry on 01/08/07 13:02 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one fast, fun car to drive. The engine is powerful, the 5 speed transmission shifts with ease. The Mustang GT looks great, I get comments about it everywhere I go. Shaker sound system will blow you away.

Fun Car
By Megan on 12/29/06 00:29 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 4 months. I just started college, and I use the car for my 6 hour drive to and from school. It makes the drive pretty well. However, when I am in the passenger seat during the drive, I get annoyed with the way the dash is set up. It's hard to put your feet up. Also, the seat doesn't recline very far. The seats are very comfortable though. I am always cold and my boyfriend is always hot, so I really like how easy it is to close the vents on one side of the car. I just had to replace the gear shift at 15,000 miles. I would like a larger back seat, but it's as big as would be expected for a Mustang. It's hard to get in and out of because of the long doors.

Just plain fun
By perry10063904 on 12/28/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a 06 GT Mustang, use it on weekends and it's a ball to drive. Handles well, don't really like the fly by wire throttle, it just feels slow to operate and slow to close when shifting. I had the dealership lower the car and install 18 inch cobra wheels; it made the car handled a lot better, plus gave it more the racecar look. I think Ford made a hit with the retro looks and the larger track. I'm overall very happy with it and think anyone thinking on getting a sporty new car should go test drive the Mustang. The car will sell itself.

Pony Car Returns
By Richard Starke on 12/25/06 13:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My new Mustang GT is a REAL Head Turner! I threw on Basani exhaust, (WOW) and 20 inch Zanetti wheels and tires and this car gets LOTS of compliments. It is a blast to drive, and it is a real head turner. Legend Lime Green Gold is an awesome awesome historical color. Can't buy this one from me...it is not for sale!

Love My 'Stang!
By grybohhk on 12/23/06 09:41 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Until this latest generation of Mustang, I have not liked any of the designs since 1970. I opted for the V6 Premium with Pony Package. I have a long commute and gas mileage was a concern. The 5 speed manual transmission gives the V-6 plenty of power. Only issues I have had were poor adhesive on the Pony side stripe and a hose for the emissions equipment came loose. Dealer took care of both of these under warranty. So many aftermarket parts are available to give the Mustang its own personality.

My Best Car in Twenty Years
By Daisy on 12/23/06 05:11 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What a great car! Tons of speed, a roomy interior, great sound system, and good mileage. The convertible top is a cinch to operate. And the car is a real head-turner! Expect to get a lot of attention when you're driving one of these.

My Dream Car
By Jen on 12/19/06 21:20 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All my life I wanted a Mustang, and I'm glad I waited till now to buy it. The mix of the old body style, in and out sold me on this model. Handles like a sports car should, road hugging smooth that pulls threw any curve. Power is more than enough, there may be faster, but I don't see people breaking their necks to look at the grandma styled competitors. Going top down is an experience everyone should have. From 6 to 6o year olds, I've had them all point and compliments abound.

Powered by Ford
By chris d on 12/18/06 16:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded in my 03 GT for this one. Man let me tell you something, good call! It's black, fast, manual tranny, 18 inch rims stock. The cockpit is truly a thing of beauty. The old late 60's look is a real head turner. I get looks and comments all the time, from the young and old. This car blows my 03 GT out of the water. The power throws you back into the seat!

Looks aren't everything!
By ChuckH on 12/18/06 14:25 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

WOW! What a GREAT looking CAR. Inside AND out! Too bad looks aren't everything. Worst quality control I've seen in years. After 3600 miles this car has had a noisy rear end, exhaust vibration, front suspension noises, and three rattles in the dash! It also takes dealers more that one trip to fix. Huge disappointment overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.