Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Elvira
By pitbeagle73

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As soon as I got a glimpse of the 2006 Mustang GT I knew that I would have one, all I had to do was find one that was black on black. Well, that proved to be harder than anticipated. It took more than a year but we found a dealership that would allow us to build the car of our dreams. I picked Elvira up on Oct 2nd 2005 and she has been loved every day since. We drove her from Ohio to Florida in pouring rain without any trouble and surprising gas mileage. She is garage kept and stored as soon as snow threatens to fall. Our only complaint has been the cupholder position and trouble finding quality after market parts such as the shaker system that my husband suprised me with this past birthday

Looks. Retro styling with modern technology. Power and handling with 26 mpg. Price. I was new to a manual transmission so I was thankful for the smooth shifting and clutch ratio.

For a manual transmition the cupholder is in the way. Do not like the look of the convertible. A little bit of a blind spot when backing with rear passengers, (but my friends have big heads)

Incredible drive
By John

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang new and right away I installed slp loudmouths and a K&N aircharger. I love this car. It's never a dull moment driving it. Just when you think you have it figured out it reminds you it has more when it slams you in the seat while spinning the tires.

Tons of power, insane sound, 1000 watt sound system, knowing I can smoke cars twice its price.

32v engine, front seatbelts hard to reach

The Best Mustang Yet
By Pam

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned many Mustangs. From a 1965 Coupe to a 2003 Mach 1 (I still own that one). This is the best Mustang yet in every area. It handles well, looks great, and has much more room that any previous Mustang. I have a five speed manual and it gets over 30 mpg on the highway although it is not rated that high. This car is the best "all around" car I have ever owned. In addition everywhere I go everyone compliments me on the car and wants to know all about it. I have found that not only is this car welcome at Mustang shows it is also welcome at all local cruise in's, car shows, etc. Try that with your SUV. It is 1965 all over again with this latest generation Mustang!

The way it looks, retro yet drives like a modern car. Gas mileage and stereo system great. Lots of car for the money. Great in town and even better on the highway. I own a business and frequently use mine to pick up supplies instead of using my gas guzzling truck. Just fold down the rear seat.

The clutch is not the greatest. Have had a dead battery and pinion gear seal go bad at approx. 30,000 miles. Ford towed and repaired no charge.

Great Mustang!
By Nick

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 06 Mustang GT for two and a half years. Overall, I love this car! The modern-retro look, the powerful v-8, the American-muscle rumble, its got it all. I always love driving it, even in my routine communites. In the world full of soccer mom mini-vans, clunky pick-up trucks, and ho-hum sedans, it feels good driving a car that stands out and demands attention. This just doesn't become a "daily driver car" like your grand am, accord, or malibu. This car becomes a part of you. You'll eventually end up giving this car a name like Shelby, Sally, or Eleanor. This is the type of car that you pass down to your children. So, buy one, throw in your fav AC/DC album, and drive and live!

300 horsepower and 310 ft. lbs torque. The head-turning good looks. Aftermarket goodies. Being a part of American automotive history lasting 45 years. Empty snowy parking lots with the traction control off. After a stressful day, a quick windows down cruise takes the edge off. Love it.

Speeding tickets, the backseat, cargo room, gas mileage, having to put hundreds of pounds of sandbags in the trunk during the winter months. But, without these minor complaints, then it wouldn't be a Mustang. And the only reliablity complaint is that the tail light electronics keep messing up.

Great Stang
By KIKI

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car, dollar for dollar the most gratifying car I've owned. After coming off a slug slow but reliable BMW this is a very fun exciting ride. Wife's Audi which left our world last month feeling like a recovering crack addict, put her in the new 2009 flex. Average mileage 60% city 40% freeway/speedway southern california avg hghwy speed 80 mph overall mileage 21 on the Mustang v-8 quite impressive. Can't say enough about this car plan to hit 300k before retirement then it will still be worth a rebuild for weekend duties and fun.

Power, classic looks, handling, exhaust rumble, all-American attitude

More adjustable headrest, engine dressed for the gear heads who want to look under the hood.