2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Ford Won't Fix My Mustang
By Another Lemon Driver on 03/26/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I believe it is NOT normal.There is a surge in the RPMs in neutralÂ…up to 2500 at times. This problem is intermittent. According to the engineer, this is the way the car is supposed to drive if the car is not downshifted, and also that it could be that I am not pushing the clutch in all the way. I have had this problem occur even in the absence of these supposed precipitating factors. I have had my Mustang in for service numerous times over the past year. The problem started a month after I bought the car. If it is normal, why didn't it do it when I first bought the car?

Horrible quality, Ford refused to fix it
By Fordisdead on 03/23/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought a new 06 GT leftover, after only one month and 1k miles the auto transmission started leaking, took it back for repair. A month later the car starts using lots of gas, running rough, no power, gas smell in car, and check engine light comes on. Take it back, dealer says 3 spark plugs are burned up, they give it back "fixed." Leaving the dealership same problems, take it back, they "reflash" the computer, say its fixed. Leave dealer, same problem, now the valves are clattering, take it back, they say "we'll have to talk to Ford and let you know." I call Ford, they say "we'll have to talk to the dealer and let you know." The dealer then says the valve racket is "normal" as is the gas smell.

2006 Mustang GT performance white
By jblair8903 on 03/06/07 13:33 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am a 21 year old sailor. I had money to spend and I looked at 10 different cars from Acura to Mazda. And the car that came out on top for me was the 2006 Mustang GT. It is not only stylish, It is fast out of the box. With the 5 speed manual there are not too many stock cars that can take you on. My GT was a deluxe with everything a premium has, it was a canceled order, but canceled too late. Their loss was my gain. I love this car, I have began upping the performance and I can't wait to see what she's got after I max out her potential. I would recommend this car to anyone with the need for speed and eye for beautiful cars. I am proud to say I own a FORD.

Great Car
By Mustang Owner 06 on 03/01/07 05:59 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 'stang for about a year. Living in the north east, it's garaged for the winter, but spring is only a month away! I can't wait to park my Jeep and get back out in my Mustang.

The envy of the office
By MeLLowJive on 02/21/07 09:37 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Working at a Fortune 100 company you'd think there would be less minivans and Hyundais in the parking lot. But mine is like 1/4th Mustangs. But mine has the pony package and interior upgrade. I love the looks and get tons of compliments. It's fast, handles well, gets OK gas mileage, great on highway, really bad if you look at the digital mileage while idling or city driving. Shaker 500 sound system is terrible, it's very bulky and doesn't match with my aluminum dash. They should have made all the climate knobs silver and stereo trim. Water always drips off the roof edge onto my seat when its raining and you open door. Water sits in the gas cap area, can rust? No trunk release inside either?

What a head turner
By Jamie R on 02/16/07 14:50 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

About once a day some stranger stops me to ask me about my Mustang. It's fun to drive, has great power. I have an automatic and it accelerates and shifts quite well. Best part of car is that you can customize it beyond belief. So far no problems other than a rattle with the covers to the child safety seat bars in rear dash which is easily fixable. Changing the oil is extremely easy compared to import cars and it only needs regular fuel. Car comes with a lot for the buck and interior is nice although it scratches easily as others have noted. I highly recommend this car to anyone in search of power, ability to upgrade to performance parts, and driving fun. Good fuel economy for the power.

Most Fun for the Dollar
By Andrew Rheude on 02/16/07 10:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Start-up sound makes you swoon. Exterior styling is perfect. Interior comfort (front seats only) is impeccable. Performance is fabulous. As you can tell, this car is all about emotion. I drove it to Florida in late November with plans to stop halfway for the night. But the car was so much fun to drive that I kept going. Twenty hours later I reached my destination and still wanted to keep driving. Of the 51 vehicles that have passed through my hands in the last thirty-five years, this is the most enjoyable. Note: With only 8300 miles, and being stored during the winter, I cannot truthfully report on longer-term reliability.

Have i found my perfect car?
By Douglas on 02/13/07 12:20 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My on going quest for the perfect vehicle stopped at the 2006 Ford Mustang V6. I needed a car that looked cool, could carry my friends without too much complaint, and had that fun factor that everyone desires. After first gear I was sold. The pull was impressive. The salesman, who was obviously new to ford, actually asked if it was the V8. The cornering is tight and whips into parking spots effortlessly although the nose is long and sometimes deceptive to where it is. The gas mileage is better than expected, while cruising at 80 mph, I achieved 32 mpg. The cabin is roomy, even for a 6'2" guy like me. Even still, my knee tends to hit the hard plastic boarder of the center radio cluster.

My Toy
By Steve on 01/25/07 11:15 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had many muscle car convertibles in the past and didn't realize how much I missed them until I took the Mustang for a test drive. The old cars, especially with the prices they are currently demanding, don't have anything on this car. The ride, handling and performance are awesome and I wouldn't even think twice before making a cross country trip with this car. Unfortunately I live in the great white north so my baby is put away for the winter. But since I put it away I have been busy installing the Ford Racing power pack, can't wait to drive it with the 325hp I will have in Spring!

Live axle
By 38 yrs ford Tech. on 01/13/07 11:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am a Ford/Lincoln Mercury Tech for 38 years. I have owned three Lincoln Mercury MK-VIII 's and compared to this Mustang, Ford missed the mark . The handling is not near as good compared to the MK-VIII. I have taken curves on a every day basis at high speeds and the Mustang will feel loose in the rear end. This is due to the live axle. The Mustang is a fun car and quick, but would have better handling with an independent suspension. But all in all this is a very fun car to drive for a 58 year old young man. Note - the Mustang will pass just about everything except a GAS STATION.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.