Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 312 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Ride!
By Shivel

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had wanted a Mustang since my teen years and bought one 30 years later. I bought the base model. I havent had any trouble with it since purchasing. Has great get up and go I love shifting gears! Holds the road great and that says something with all the winding country roads we have in WV. Good gas mileage on the highway, not so good in city.

Stick shift, CD player, and the great paint job.

Seat covers are cheapo, the driver side seat has never laid correctly. If I were to purchase another I would spring for leather.

Drive It Like I Stole It
By luangtom

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got back into the Mustang as a retiree and do not regret it. It is a fun car to drive and fulfills all my needs as a daily driver. Ya gotta love the V8 using regular-gas. It is also easily personalized and that is what I am in the process of doing.

The throaty sound from the exhaust is a favorite feature, as is the fact that one can use regular-gas with the V8 engine.

A little more storage in the doors would be a plus, as would more cup-holders. Having the arm-rests a bit higher would be more comfortable.

Elvira
By pitbeagle73

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As soon as I got a glimpse of the 2006 Mustang GT I knew that I would have one, all I had to do was find one that was black on black. Well, that proved to be harder than anticipated. It took more than a year but we found a dealership that would allow us to build the car of our dreams. I picked Elvira up on Oct 2nd 2005 and she has been loved every day since. We drove her from Ohio to Florida in pouring rain without any trouble and surprising gas mileage. She is garage kept and stored as soon as snow threatens to fall. Our only complaint has been the cupholder position and trouble finding quality after market parts such as the shaker system that my husband suprised me with this past birthday

Looks. Retro styling with modern technology. Power and handling with 26 mpg. Price. I was new to a manual transmission so I was thankful for the smooth shifting and clutch ratio.

For a manual transmition the cupholder is in the way. Do not like the look of the convertible. A little bit of a blind spot when backing with rear passengers, (but my friends have big heads)

Incredible drive
By John

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang new and right away I installed slp loudmouths and a K&N aircharger. I love this car. It's never a dull moment driving it. Just when you think you have it figured out it reminds you it has more when it slams you in the seat while spinning the tires.

Tons of power, insane sound, 1000 watt sound system, knowing I can smoke cars twice its price.

32v engine, front seatbelts hard to reach

The Best Mustang Yet
By Pam

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned many Mustangs. From a 1965 Coupe to a 2003 Mach 1 (I still own that one). This is the best Mustang yet in every area. It handles well, looks great, and has much more room that any previous Mustang. I have a five speed manual and it gets over 30 mpg on the highway although it is not rated that high. This car is the best "all around" car I have ever owned. In addition everywhere I go everyone compliments me on the car and wants to know all about it. I have found that not only is this car welcome at Mustang shows it is also welcome at all local cruise in's, car shows, etc. Try that with your SUV. It is 1965 all over again with this latest generation Mustang!

The way it looks, retro yet drives like a modern car. Gas mileage and stereo system great. Lots of car for the money. Great in town and even better on the highway. I own a business and frequently use mine to pick up supplies instead of using my gas guzzling truck. Just fold down the rear seat.

The clutch is not the greatest. Have had a dead battery and pinion gear seal go bad at approx. 30,000 miles. Ford towed and repaired no charge.