2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: great car bad battery and wind

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Premium Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

great car bad battery and window system
By stevie on

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive the car and to look at the car. I have had problems with the battery draining. I've jumped it 5 times. I've also had problems with the driver side window. I had to take it to the dealership 2 times for the same issue. The 3rd time it was out of warranty and the dealership didn't want to take ownership of the problem.

300 hp and the growl of the engine.

I don't like dealing with the dealership service department. They are not helpful and not pleasant. The window is a recurring unresolved issue.
By johnjay60
on 03/31/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

I had the exact same problem on my 2007. It's an interior junction box and has weird problems (apparently, from your story and mine, poorly made). It cost about $700 to replace with labor etc. AND i found out I needed separate $400 to have the device programmed with the VIN number and synchronized with the computer so my remote key fob would work. The symptoms of this failed interface box were the window would jit down slightly and the battery would drain at random times. But, I'll say, after 3 years and 30,000 miles, that's the only problem I've had on the Mustang (2007 V6 Convertible).