2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Get Rid of it before 100K
By ronnzy98 on 07/21/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drive 50 miles each way to work and traded my 01 accord for a 06 mustand in 2008. Well 80k miles later the engine starts having this knocking noise and significant loss of power and not because I don't take care of my car as I changed my oil every 3K miles and keep it very well maintained. After Ford looked at the car they quoted me $4,100 to fix what they called a cam phaser issue (pumps oil to the top end of the motor). Needless to say I pulled the car from Ford and took to a performance shop, who said it needed a new motor for $4,800. Well thats great but this is not my toy its my daily driver. Long story short before you buy research cam phasers this appears to be an issue in many Ford

Dreams are well worth working for!
By MustangKenny on 08/16/09 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a V8 Mustang since my dad showed me a certain Steve McQueen movie called Bullitt, I just loved the styling and ferocity of McQueen's highland green '68 fastback GT. Nothing else was cooler. Then Ford released the '05 model, now that's a Mustang! Well in a nutshell I found a tungsten grey '06 GT auto with 7k on it and bought it. Best decision ever. I love this V8! It's fast and it sounds great, though mine now sports a cold air intake and Pypes Violator exhaust and it turns heads with it's loud rumble. Also this car is built extremely well. 31k on it and not even a rattle, not a problem. This is one I WILL NOT BE TRADING IN!

First Ford
By spike on 08/15/09 10:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased for the most part with my 06 Mustang GT. I think the retro styling of the car is great. It's like driving a 60s Mustang only better. The steering response is great and it corners like a dream. I am 6'2 and have never had a car that felt this comfortable. The Shaker 500 sounds awesome. I have had aftermarket setups that didn't sound as good. I only have a couple complaints. The rubber strips used to seal the inside of the windows scratch the hell out of my window tint when running them up and down. There is a rattling noise under hard acceleration that almost sounds like detonation; but I am running 92 octane fuel and have ruled that out. Very impressed

Sad but True....not worth it
By PhantomrStang on 02/02/09 08:11 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for 3 years. Wanted one since I was a kid. Very unhappy. Squeaks and rattles in the dash, window tint scratches when rolled down, spoiler comes lose constantly, vibration in front end that no one can seem to fix, new rattle in suspension, beginning to have trouble with the drive train, carpet and leather wear terribly, windows are beginning to leak when washed, more wind noise etc. This car was garage kept and babied, there is no excuse for this horrible quality. Though it was fun to drive and gets lots of look I will likely never buy Ford again! Go with the Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus or what ever else you are looking at!

Drive It Like I Stole It
By luangtom on 12/20/08 22:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got back into the Mustang as a retiree and do not regret it. It is a fun car to drive and fulfills all my needs as a daily driver. Ya gotta love the V8 using regular-gas. It is also easily personalized and that is what I am in the process of doing.

Elvira
By pitbeagle73 on 12/11/08 18:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As soon as I got a glimpse of the 2006 Mustang GT I knew that I would have one, all I had to do was find one that was black on black. Well, that proved to be harder than anticipated. It took more than a year but we found a dealership that would allow us to build the car of our dreams. I picked Elvira up on Oct 2nd 2005 and she has been loved every day since. We drove her from Ohio to Florida in pouring rain without any trouble and surprising gas mileage. She is garage kept and stored as soon as snow threatens to fall. Our only complaint has been the cupholder position and trouble finding quality after market parts such as the shaker system that my husband suprised me with this past birthday

Solid, Fun to Drive, Even Fuel Efficient
By Clay on 04/16/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This was a fulfillment of a high school dream, only with better MPG than the 1965 Mustang! Excellent handling, Excellent gas mileage considering you have 300HP at your disposal.

What a beautiful car
By Scott Purvis on 04/03/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2006 Mustang GT. This is an amazing vehicle. Mine came with an after market intake and Ford racing exhaust. These two mods make a huge difference to the performance. I would highly recomend them. I can say I get looks from everyone when I drive by. The fuel milege is pretty good for a V8 with 300HP. The Shaker 500 stereo is very good for being stock. The only thing that I would like to see is a more race inspired bucket seat in the front. Other than that wouldn't change a thing.

2006 Mustang GT performance white
By jblair8903 on 03/06/07 13:33 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am a 21 year old sailor. I had money to spend and I looked at 10 different cars from Acura to Mazda. And the car that came out on top for me was the 2006 Mustang GT. It is not only stylish, It is fast out of the box. With the 5 speed manual there are not too many stock cars that can take you on. My GT was a deluxe with everything a premium has, it was a canceled order, but canceled too late. Their loss was my gain. I love this car, I have began upping the performance and I can't wait to see what she's got after I max out her potential. I would recommend this car to anyone with the need for speed and eye for beautiful cars. I am proud to say I own a FORD.

Mustang GT
By Jerry on 01/08/07 13:02 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one fast, fun car to drive. The engine is powerful, the 5 speed transmission shifts with ease. The Mustang GT looks great, I get comments about it everywhere I go. Shaker sound system will blow you away.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.