Used 2006 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun stang
By Stu

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Only had car for one week and this car put the fun back into driving.Even though it's a V6 it still get up and goes.I love the way it handles and turns heads.

Favorite Features

The pony package, retro look and the way it handles

Suggested Improvements

none

166K miles and still going strong
By Chet

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive a lot of miles, at least 150/day. I just had the water pump replaced at 166,000 miles and decided it was time to do the rest of the maintenance that I have neglected for the last 5 years. I changed the oil regularly with Mobil 1 and changed the brakes when necessary. Other than that everything has always worked perfectly. I replaced the spark plugs at 140,000 miles just because. The originals still looked good, just needed a gap adjustment.

Favorite Features

Looks great Plenty of Performance Really fun going the the S curves at full throttle (Thanks Traction Control) 6 CD/MP3 player

Suggested Improvements

Looks like 2011 fixes them. Dual Exhaust and Cold Air Intake system is all I would add to the 2006.

Lemon Mustang
By shibemw

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice styling car and fun to drive when it is not heading back to dealership for unending mystery electrical problems. I have had to many problems with this car to ever want another sports car again. Couple that with a dealership that wants to nickel and dime you on warranty work makes for bad Ford business. Not a practical car to own in the winter time in Colorado Springs.

Favorite Features

Color, interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

None, it serves its purpose as a sports car.

So so....
By DuaneW

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was exceptionally impressed with the down and dirty V6. The Chevy Monte Carlo LT and SS Intimidator have nothing on the 4.0 stock!! I bought an 06 5-speed Pony Edition before I went to college. It's about 8 months later and the throttle body is havin issues, killing the car about every 30 miles. The clutch is slipping already, not impressed with that. The Shaker 500 is really nice, don't crank it too loud though. The amp for the stereo runs down the factory battery like no other. It's reliable as heck until the engine starts acting up. Had the system checked, so I know its the throttle body. For a car that is four years old, the clutch and induction should not be having trouble.

Favorite Features

Acceleration is great, shaker audio is also good. The styling is..excuse my language.

Suggested Improvements

that throttle body needs work Ford... and put a decent clutch in for pete's sake!!

Great looking car
By Ted

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the Mustang new with every option you could get on the V6 Premium Cpe including "Pony Package". It's the first American car I've bought in 20 years. Great looking car with a very stiff ride and lots of rattles. At 30k service, it needed an Alternator and a battery. All things considered, I like the car sans the rattles which the dealer has been unable to fix. I have a 20 year old toyota with out any rattles!

Favorite Features

Power Seats and shaker CD stacker

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the RATTLES please!