Used 2006 Ford Mustang Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great car, couple of issues
By kells

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Dash board rattles, dealer couldn't fix it, filed lemon law got $2000 from Ford. Brake pads & rotors went at 12,000 miles witch is unheard of, $600- $800 job. Replaced bat after 3 yrs which is norm. Replaced fuel filter which is recommended. Rear brake bulbs have been replaced about 4 times (easy to do yourself though) other then that nothing major has gone wrong. I drive 12,000 a year, some highway road trips and still drives great.

The body and look. The handling, the pick up when you hit the gas on the highway. The nice black on black design. Radio sounds is pretty good. The new traction control (found on 2005 and up) it really kicks in when you need it. Sharp turn, wet/ slippery road.

Needs better cup holder placement, radio controls on wheel, lock gas door, gas/trunk release, dual exhaust. How can they put a dul on there fusion but not there v6 mustang? Just to set it apart from there v8. Since there is no other big difference. Bigger back seat an less trunk space. Brighter head lights

My show car
By Cricket

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love "Mr. Steed". He is a "Bickford Built" one-off commemorative of a 1960 GT350 with $10,000 in upgrades. I have entered him in 6 Mustang Club of America National shows and he has won first place every time.

Style, style and more style. Rugged American muscle car good looks and growl (full dual exhaust with Flowmasters). Love that rear-wheel drive.

Less vinyl and more leather in the interior - looks snazzy but I am worried how it will wear over time. Also have had trouble with the AC as has been mentioned by other Stangers.

Like this car a lot
By pappydave

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I currently have 31,000 miles on this car and it has never been back to the dealer. I have been doing oil changes and routine maintenance. The only complaint I have is the Road noise seems a little loud to me. I get 25 MPG driving to work - mixed city/rural, and got 28 on a long trip on the freeway.

This is my favorite bodystyle since 1970.

A little more sound insulation.

Close but no cigar
By dave

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car is fun enough to drive, but having had the battery die twice in my garage, first time after owning it for two weeks, and again in June 09. Auto feature on windows most times work fine, but often only work one way and not always the same way. Air conditioning is poor most of the time. Didn't work at all once, took it to the dealership- told it takes time to cool off - I guess an hour is not long enough when it's blowing hot air. Next day it worked fine. Wouldn't take it on a trip in hot weather. Would not buy one again. Dealership charged me for an auto emission test, but not necessary if driven under 5000 miles in a year.

Good pickup and sound.

Get your electronics right. Need better mileage. Auto trans shifts too much.

Not Very Reliable!
By Jarred

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mustang but I have had so many problems with it I wish I could get rid of it! The first problem was the rear end started leaking at 2,000 miles, fixed. Hood insulation started burning at 2,500, fixed. Trunk popped on its own, fixed after 3 dealer visits. No start or die at idle, dealer cant find a problem. Mustang stripes below doors bubbled up, not fixed! Two weeks ago my car totally died, after fighting with Corporte Ford a week they let the dealer look at it, ignition coil pack fell off, yeah fell off, how in the hell! Car still dies and trembles hard at low RPM's! Oh to top it off Ford gave me a Chevy Cobalt to drive while they fixed mine...I'd buy a Cobalt, thats the truth!

Looks you get, Pony package accents, my leather seems very durable, chrome and satin accents in interior, seats hold you, TCS bypass control, Shaker 500, looks great in Fords maintnance bay!

Make the car more reliable (sits in Fords garage more than mine), Trunk release in car, Gas tank lock with release in car, steering wheel mounted radio controlls, factory dual exhaust (cheap forign car have it), rear end gets loose on the smallest of bumps, shiftronic trans, plate on dead pedal!