2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
06 mustang gt with a few mods
By amos247 on 10/29/11 04:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought mine used 20k on it and have added a SCT tuner with Ford CAI and Flow master mufflers.I get 19.5 mpg in town and 24.5 mpg highway on regular 87 octane gas with normal driving. No major mechanical issues to report and have taken several long road trips in it with good comfort. The mustang GT offers great bang for the buck performance and decent fuel economy. The car is easy to work on for all the do it your self guys and gals. Would I buy a mustang again you betcha...

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
By dave3012 on 07/25/11 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my preowned 06 a few weeks back and am very glad I did. Screaming Yellow, car had some upgrades from previous owner (Airaid air filter system, Flowmaster exaust) It's about 360 horses of extreme fun. Although the car had 51K on it, Honda dealer included 3 year 36K bumper to bumper waurranty, and I plan to get the best out of those 36,000 miles. At 45 it was a mid-life crisis the wife even agreed with. LOL

Get Rid of it before 100K
By ronnzy98 on 07/21/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drive 50 miles each way to work and traded my 01 accord for a 06 mustand in 2008. Well 80k miles later the engine starts having this knocking noise and significant loss of power and not because I don't take care of my car as I changed my oil every 3K miles and keep it very well maintained. After Ford looked at the car they quoted me $4,100 to fix what they called a cam phaser issue (pumps oil to the top end of the motor). Needless to say I pulled the car from Ford and took to a performance shop, who said it needed a new motor for $4,800. Well thats great but this is not my toy its my daily driver. Long story short before you buy research cam phasers this appears to be an issue in many Ford

Get this car.
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is just awesome. The 4.6L V8 makes the car, and the stock exhaust has a nice rumble to it that screams when you mash the pedal to the floor. I've had the car for 2 years and have about 52,000 miles on her with zero problems. For the price, you really can't beat it either (16300 in 2009 with 33k miles). Its faster, better looking, and really just more of a car than any used BMW/mercedes within its pricing segment. The only comparable competitor in the used car market this years Mustang has is in the 350z, which handles better but lacks in practicality. And on top of that, the Z doesn't sound as good as the 8 and after test driving could be a nightmare as a daily driver

Fun stang
By Stu on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Only had car for one week and this car put the fun back into driving.Even though it's a V6 it still get up and goes.I love the way it handles and turns heads.

Well worth the wait!
By shackm on 08/22/10 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Previous mustang owner (1980) and have had a serious stalking issue with this car since Ford introduced the '05 model. I don't care too much for the look of the 09-11 models, and recently found an '06 and bought it from the original owner. He drove it a lot (70k miles), but took good care of it and she looks sweet. So much fun to drive and decent gas mileage too.

166K miles and still going strong
By Chet on 08/20/10 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive a lot of miles, at least 150/day. I just had the water pump replaced at 166,000 miles and decided it was time to do the rest of the maintenance that I have neglected for the last 5 years. I changed the oil regularly with Mobil 1 and changed the brakes when necessary. Other than that everything has always worked perfectly. I replaced the spark plugs at 140,000 miles just because. The originals still looked good, just needed a gap adjustment.

Max Lives
By Max Lives on 07/22/10 15:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this Horsey in memory of my dad, Max M. Kruger a design engineer and an original member of the Mustang design team under Lee Iaccoca at Ford. Compared to my 2 previous '73 Mach I joys, this Steed is more stealthy, has greater visibility and obviously more technologically refined. Had only one real issue with her. The trip meter occasionally zero's itself even after extensive dealer repairs and tech help from Ford. Yes a few rattles. Also needed a new battery due to Florida heat. Got a set of General Ulimax HP tires and they are the best I ever owned. I'm not sure which I like better, watching my wife drive off in her, me driving us, or just looking at her. Max Lives!

Great car, couple of issues
By kells on 06/19/10 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Dash board rattles, dealer couldn't fix it, filed lemon law got $2000 from Ford. Brake pads & rotors went at 12,000 miles witch is unheard of, $600- $800 job. Replaced bat after 3 yrs which is norm. Replaced fuel filter which is recommended. Rear brake bulbs have been replaced about 4 times (easy to do yourself though) other then that nothing major has gone wrong. I drive 12,000 a year, some highway road trips and still drives great.

Only a few minior issues
By DLJ on 06/11/10 17:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive very little (about 5k miles per year), but when I do i like to wring it out around town, on the highway, and twisty back-country roads. This car handles them all very well. Haven't had any real issues, and have kept up with scheduled maintenance. I did have a transmission pan leak which was repaired by a dealer; a few months later it was leaking again and the dealer fixed it again (free as was still under warr. then). I have an extended warranty for peace of mind but don't anticipate needing it. There has always been a little squeak near the gauge cluster, which I meant to get fixed but it hasn't bothered me enough to do so.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.