Used 2006 Ford Mustang Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

First Stang
By hotshot22

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 17,000 miles and it was in perfect condition. The acceleration is decent but could always use more power. Handling has been excellent even in the 3 blizzards we've had this year. You do get bounced around quite a bit on bumpy roads but then again, it's not exactly a luxury car. My Color back-lighting is a cool feature to play around with. Insurance surprisingly wasn't that bad (considering I live in NJ). All in all this car has been amazing to own and a blast to drive considering it's a 110 HP improvement over my previous car.

My Color, convertible, styling inside and out, pony package headlights, and as stupid as it sounds, the heater in the car gets hot really quick. Great for bitter cold winters.

The 2011 mustang is pretty much going to take care of everything I was going to put down here. (More horsepower, better gas mileage, and improved interior) Also, it wouldn't hurt to MOVE THE CUP HOLDERS. It gets annoying in an automatic having a drink there,I can't imagine driving a manual like that

Mustang - Fun to drive AGAIN!
By Lovin 50!

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Mustang convertible for 3 years. It makes driving fun! Top is down unless it's raining. AC/Htr work fine to keep me comfortable in Texas heat. It's my car... it's my fun....it's my identity!

Convertible top!! Engine sound

Key suggestions would be: automatic top down, don't like holding button. Connection for iPod and gps.

Good car
By good car

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Loved the car. I'm 6,5" 260 bodybuider frame and never felt crowded, lots of legroom. Usually got around 22 mpg per fiilup. No problems. Just got the fever for the new Jeep unlimited Sahara 4dr, but will probably regret the trade

Shaker stereo, convertible

None

It sure ain't like my 1993 Mustang
By Mike

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Where do I start, I bought this car with 14,000 miles. In feb 07 a month later I had it back to the dealer for the paint coming off the bumper. Got that fixed 2 weeks later, my school books where soaking wet I left my bookbag in the trunk. I thought the top was leaking, but after 8 trips to dealer with the car being there for as many 30 days to get it back with same each time we cant find the major leak. I have come to the conculsion that it is leaking from the weld in the body. Back to body problems the Mustang stripe has come off 2 times. I finally got tired of the dealer being so blind to the problem. I called a lemon law lawyer, so now I have a pending lawsuite against Ford. For all my trouble

I like the color red with black leather int.I has a v6 plenty of power the car has been really good engine trouble free wise. I love the retro style a lot. I got rid of the factory tires bad quailty and now the stang drives and handles perfect. I truly like this car a lot.

Top is hard to close, poor paint quailty, Ford just needs to work on making quailty car body decisions like parts, paint, stripes.

Droptop fun
By Jerry Grant

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent all round fun to drive car. Our V6 is equiped with the optional Pony package. This really helps out in the handling dept with added rear anti- sway bar, ABS,and 17" alloy rims. Take one for a drive. You'll love it.

Convertible top, decent 210 HP V6 engine.

Can alway use more power and better gas mileage.