Used 2006 Ford Mustang Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

90,000 km, and all's good!!
By Andrew

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 9,000 km and 11 months old. The car has 90,000 km as of May 2010. The car has been bullet proof in terms of reliability. I have just replaced the tires and the original battery. The only issues have been: Engine check light on briefly at 87K, and self-cleared (must have been a loose gas filler cap), and the rear tail light bulbs blow every 15K or so ($4 bulb-big deal). Other than that: just oil and filter changes. Car has been very reliable and solid. Body creaks/groans at 90K are still minimal, but you can now tell the car is nearly 4 years old, lots of life left in it. I will replace shocks & struts this year and this should solve the problem.

Favorite Features

Convertible top well designed: car parks outside mostly and does not leak.

Suggested Improvements

Better engineered rear suspension for even better cornering; a wee more power for the V6 (maybe 230 stock??)

Mustang Sally
By arblanken

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It look me years and years to get my Mustang. Wanted a '66 because of the body style but had to wait for the restore until "my body style" was available. Love the car, the gas mileage is ok with the tough gas prices lately, but love the car!

Favorite Features

Convertible. Exterior style sold me

Suggested Improvements

Improve the radio (add an aux in for an ipod). When in the car wash, water runs, not leaks, through the weather stripping, trunk leaks water if the car is not level in the rain. The driver seat is a perfect size for me, but my husband is 6'4. The design of the center console is restricting.

Great car until you have to put gas in
By scott

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought the car new 2/06. By August had trouble fueling it. Ford said some cars are hard to put gas in. They did nothing about. Will not do anything about it even under warranty. For me, it cured me of ever owning a Ford again. Much less a mustang

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Make it able to put gas in

2006 Mustang GT
By MIKE D

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Big bang for the buck. Roomy enough for two and space for luggage. Great styling inside and out. Constantly get positive comments on redfire color and 20" wheels and tires. Great handling and breaking. Acceleration is great and lays rubber on command. Great rumble from dual exhausts--may upgrade to Ford racing exhaust. Worth every penny of $31,000 price tag!

Favorite Features

MYCOLOR lights display.

Suggested Improvements

Offer GT with turbo or supercharger.

I love it!
By lgot

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it at end of March. Had to contact 17 dealers to get a GT convertible,with a manual transmission. People are always staring and telling me how much they love this car. I never thought a car could make you more popular but this car has. It drives great, The top is very easy to manage, the pickup and speed are great. This is truly a great Mustang. If you can go for the convertible, and V8. My wife and children used to say I was starting to drive like an old man. They can't believe how I've morphed into a speed fanatic. I would buy it again it I had it to do over. So far no mechanical problems or bugs to work out. Thats about it.

Favorite Features

Convertible top. Wonderful V8 power and great sounding. Nice stereo. Nice leather. Great body look, I can't praise it enough.

Suggested Improvements

Side airbags in all models. A six speed instead of the five speed transmission.