2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Loving my mustang
By bedbug on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

only had this about 2 weeks this is the first ford mustang i have owned, so far everything is great. love letting the top down and cruising around town

90,000 km, and all's good!!
By Andrew on 05/01/10 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 9,000 km and 11 months old. The car has 90,000 km as of May 2010. The car has been bullet proof in terms of reliability. I have just replaced the tires and the original battery. The only issues have been: Engine check light on briefly at 87K, and self-cleared (must have been a loose gas filler cap), and the rear tail light bulbs blow every 15K or so ($4 bulb-big deal). Other than that: just oil and filter changes. Car has been very reliable and solid. Body creaks/groans at 90K are still minimal, but you can now tell the car is nearly 4 years old, lots of life left in it. I will replace shocks & struts this year and this should solve the problem.

First Stang
By hotshot22 on 03/07/10 00:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 17,000 miles and it was in perfect condition. The acceleration is decent but could always use more power. Handling has been excellent even in the 3 blizzards we've had this year. You do get bounced around quite a bit on bumpy roads but then again, it's not exactly a luxury car. My Color back-lighting is a cool feature to play around with. Insurance surprisingly wasn't that bad (considering I live in NJ). All in all this car has been amazing to own and a blast to drive considering it's a 110 HP improvement over my previous car.

Super Reliable
By Rock on 10/03/09 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it new and have 63k miles. Never a problem. Added some goodies, headers, catback, CAI, 373 rearend and hurst short throw. 360hp. Love this car. I still get comments from people. I have never had a brake job and I'm at 63k miles and still have 20% wear left. Solid, solid, solid is what this car is. I won't ever get rid of it. Best thing Ford ever did.

V8 power
By Raul on 04/20/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After owning a 98v6 mustang, and investing almost $2000 on paint, rims, body work, and lights, I new I needed a v8. I bought my gt because I got a good deal, and because I've always wanted a v8 mustang. Acceleration is awesome, you can hear this thing breathe. Handles well also. Takes corners like its on rails. Interior is ok, not as bad as some say, well to my standards. Leather is great, convertable top is awesome. Mpg is not that bad for me. I get around 18 city, and 26 on highway, I have a heavy foot too. Love the retro style... Don't regret purchasing this beast. Wish I had more power, but I can fix that with aftermarket stuff.

Mustang - Fun to drive AGAIN!
By Lovin 50! on 04/16/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Mustang convertible for 3 years. It makes driving fun! Top is down unless it's raining. AC/Htr work fine to keep me comfortable in Texas heat. It's my car... it's my fun....it's my identity!

Great retro fun, but...
By Intothewest on 01/03/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car after convincing my wife we "needed" a convertible. Since we have a child, we needed something with a back seat. Since I needed a "sports" car (re: not FWD), the Mustang was the only real option. After years of disliking Mustangs (Fox platform versions), and driving several Japanese cars (Civics, WRX, etc), I was pleasantly surprised how quickly this car reminded me what's important in a car...a good sounding and performing engine, great looks, and back-to-basics simplicity, which means living with some shortcomings. The rear live axle can feel a little unplanted on rough roads during spirited cornering. The interior materials quality is also low-rent in look and feel.

Great Ride!
By Shivel on 12/30/08 04:16 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Standard 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had wanted a Mustang since my teen years and bought one 30 years later. I bought the base model. I havent had any trouble with it since purchasing. Has great get up and go I love shifting gears! Holds the road great and that says something with all the winding country roads we have in WV. Good gas mileage on the highway, not so good in city.

Good car
By good car on 06/12/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Loved the car. I'm 6,5" 260 bodybuider frame and never felt crowded, lots of legroom. Usually got around 22 mpg per fiilup. No problems. Just got the fever for the new Jeep unlimited Sahara 4dr, but will probably regret the trade

Mustang Sally
By arblanken on 06/11/08 06:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It look me years and years to get my Mustang. Wanted a '66 because of the body style but had to wait for the restore until "my body style" was available. Love the car, the gas mileage is ok with the tough gas prices lately, but love the car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.