Used 2006 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Loving my mustang
By bedbug

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

only had this about 2 weeks this is the first ford mustang i have owned, so far everything is great. love letting the top down and cruising around town

shiny black paint and beige interior and conv. top

louder exhaust maybe and telescoping steering to help my wife, she's 4'11"

90,000 km, and all's good!!
By Andrew

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 9,000 km and 11 months old. The car has 90,000 km as of May 2010. The car has been bullet proof in terms of reliability. I have just replaced the tires and the original battery. The only issues have been: Engine check light on briefly at 87K, and self-cleared (must have been a loose gas filler cap), and the rear tail light bulbs blow every 15K or so ($4 bulb-big deal). Other than that: just oil and filter changes. Car has been very reliable and solid. Body creaks/groans at 90K are still minimal, but you can now tell the car is nearly 4 years old, lots of life left in it. I will replace shocks & struts this year and this should solve the problem.

Convertible top well designed: car parks outside mostly and does not leak.

Better engineered rear suspension for even better cornering; a wee more power for the V6 (maybe 230 stock??)

First Stang
By hotshot22

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 17,000 miles and it was in perfect condition. The acceleration is decent but could always use more power. Handling has been excellent even in the 3 blizzards we've had this year. You do get bounced around quite a bit on bumpy roads but then again, it's not exactly a luxury car. My Color back-lighting is a cool feature to play around with. Insurance surprisingly wasn't that bad (considering I live in NJ). All in all this car has been amazing to own and a blast to drive considering it's a 110 HP improvement over my previous car.

My Color, convertible, styling inside and out, pony package headlights, and as stupid as it sounds, the heater in the car gets hot really quick. Great for bitter cold winters.

The 2011 mustang is pretty much going to take care of everything I was going to put down here. (More horsepower, better gas mileage, and improved interior) Also, it wouldn't hurt to MOVE THE CUP HOLDERS. It gets annoying in an automatic having a drink there,I can't imagine driving a manual like that

Super Reliable
By Rock

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it new and have 63k miles. Never a problem. Added some goodies, headers, catback, CAI, 373 rearend and hurst short throw. 360hp. Love this car. I still get comments from people. I have never had a brake job and I'm at 63k miles and still have 20% wear left. Solid, solid, solid is what this car is. I won't ever get rid of it. Best thing Ford ever did.

Convertible and oh so nice by the ocean. Shaker 1000. Do they make anything better? Don't think so. Acceleration and cornering unbelieveable. I change oil every 3k but have had nothing go wrong.

None. Some of my Chevy buds say the 2010 looks a little feminine. Hmmm. Come to think of it, it does a little. Think I'll buy one for the wife!

V8 power
By Raul

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After owning a 98v6 mustang, and investing almost $2000 on paint, rims, body work, and lights, I new I needed a v8. I bought my gt because I got a good deal, and because I've always wanted a v8 mustang. Acceleration is awesome, you can hear this thing breathe. Handles well also. Takes corners like its on rails. Interior is ok, not as bad as some say, well to my standards. Leather is great, convertable top is awesome. Mpg is not that bad for me. I get around 18 city, and 26 on highway, I have a heavy foot too. Love the retro style... Don't regret purchasing this beast. Wish I had more power, but I can fix that with aftermarket stuff.

power, leather, driver room

ford needs to put a 5.0 in there. let the 4.6 go.