2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Loving my mustang
By bedbug on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

only had this about 2 weeks this is the first ford mustang i have owned, so far everything is great. love letting the top down and cruising around town

Super Reliable
By Rock on 10/03/09 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it new and have 63k miles. Never a problem. Added some goodies, headers, catback, CAI, 373 rearend and hurst short throw. 360hp. Love this car. I still get comments from people. I have never had a brake job and I'm at 63k miles and still have 20% wear left. Solid, solid, solid is what this car is. I won't ever get rid of it. Best thing Ford ever did.

Great retro fun, but...
By Intothewest on 01/03/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car after convincing my wife we "needed" a convertible. Since we have a child, we needed something with a back seat. Since I needed a "sports" car (re: not FWD), the Mustang was the only real option. After years of disliking Mustangs (Fox platform versions), and driving several Japanese cars (Civics, WRX, etc), I was pleasantly surprised how quickly this car reminded me what's important in a car...a good sounding and performing engine, great looks, and back-to-basics simplicity, which means living with some shortcomings. The rear live axle can feel a little unplanted on rough roads during spirited cornering. The interior materials quality is also low-rent in look and feel.

Not like the "Good Old Days"... better!
By DrFed on 06/06/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've just turned 30,000 miles and have enjoyed each one of them. No reliability issues. Have only seen the dealer for routine service. This car is my daily-driver, rain, shine or snow. It has never failed to get me home, even in the snow! I've added a strut tower brace and a more-efficient (louder) exhaust. The exhaust seems to have helped the gas-mileage (avg 21- 22mpg mixed city/freeway). It is a comfortable car to take a trip in and the 500 watt stereo is fine. No squeaks or rattles.

There is nothing like a Ford Mustang GT
By Irish Rover on 06/03/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased the car with 1,000 miles on it.. I have had zero problems with it. Odometer reading is 15,000. I drive it mostly in the summer with the top down. Installed Ford racing headers, x pipe, exhaust and a hurst shifter. This car is more fun than any man has a right to have.

GT
By SV6Mustang on 02/18/08 20:52 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this GT. This is my first GT convertible. I wasn't looking for this style mustang when I firsted started but this car caught my eye and I couldn't past it up. Def. won't stay shock for long. I def. have one of the fastest cars in the town. Not to make cars will smoke this car. Definitely worth all the money I paid for it.

Buy It--New or Used (2005 or after)
By gtstangconv on 11/04/07 20:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2006 GT Conv with 13000 miles. I've had it two days and already love it. My other vehicle is a Mazda CX-9 (for the family). This one is fun for me and I can still haul the family for fun trips. With the GT (V8), I'm surprised that I'm averaging 20-23 mpg--not bad considering the 300 horses and irresitible urge to nail it and nail it and well you get the point. Buy this vehicle. If $ are tight, I recommend an 06 or 07--great bargains out there. I personally chose a used GT instead of a new V6. I would have considered a used 05, but I never get a car its first year in production--no idea if there's any real basis in that- -just my personal hangup.

Why did I wait so long to buy?
By GTConvOwner on 10/10/07 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After searching all the competitors out there, including the German and Japanse cars, how could anyone not consider a Mustang? I bought a GT convertible. Wow, for the money this car has no peer. Right out of the box the power and handling of this car are fantastic. To think I can get add-on accessories to boost this performance to even higher levels without breaking the bank is even better. Top down driving is fun. Your passengers in the back may ask you to roll up the windows on the freeway, but in the front seats the wind is manageable. The family loves the car and want to take it everywhere. Four seats. Great stereo with excellent bass response. Very comfortable seats (I'm over 6') too.

Waiting for the Camaro
By dave1958 on 08/22/07 06:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Couldnt wait for the Camaro so I bought a Mustang GT convertible. I am not greatly impressed with the 300 HP. I would have bought a Shelby except for the $25K upcharge

Who says you can't go back?
By Mike on 08/13/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the car privately about 6 weeks ago, and have had a blast with it since! A few road trips, taken my 2 boys and their friends for rides, just a real fun experience. I've had about a dozen cars (and even a few trucks) revving engines and wanting to race. Also had lots of comments on the "nice ride", one fellow with a PT cruiser convertable even made an offer to buy it at a stop light! I had a 77 Cobra back when, and I have to admit you really can go back with this car. If you want to have fun, you can't really go wrong with this ride.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.