2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
06 mustang gt with a few mods
By amos247 on 10/29/11 04:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought mine used 20k on it and have added a SCT tuner with Ford CAI and Flow master mufflers.I get 19.5 mpg in town and 24.5 mpg highway on regular 87 octane gas with normal driving. No major mechanical issues to report and have taken several long road trips in it with good comfort. The mustang GT offers great bang for the buck performance and decent fuel economy. The car is easy to work on for all the do it your self guys and gals. Would I buy a mustang again you betcha...

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
By dave3012 on 07/25/11 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my preowned 06 a few weeks back and am very glad I did. Screaming Yellow, car had some upgrades from previous owner (Airaid air filter system, Flowmaster exaust) It's about 360 horses of extreme fun. Although the car had 51K on it, Honda dealer included 3 year 36K bumper to bumper waurranty, and I plan to get the best out of those 36,000 miles. At 45 it was a mid-life crisis the wife even agreed with. LOL

Get this car.
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is just awesome. The 4.6L V8 makes the car, and the stock exhaust has a nice rumble to it that screams when you mash the pedal to the floor. I've had the car for 2 years and have about 52,000 miles on her with zero problems. For the price, you really can't beat it either (16300 in 2009 with 33k miles). Its faster, better looking, and really just more of a car than any used BMW/mercedes within its pricing segment. The only comparable competitor in the used car market this years Mustang has is in the 350z, which handles better but lacks in practicality. And on top of that, the Z doesn't sound as good as the 8 and after test driving could be a nightmare as a daily driver

Well worth the wait!
By shackm on 08/22/10 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Previous mustang owner (1980) and have had a serious stalking issue with this car since Ford introduced the '05 model. I don't care too much for the look of the 09-11 models, and recently found an '06 and bought it from the original owner. He drove it a lot (70k miles), but took good care of it and she looks sweet. So much fun to drive and decent gas mileage too.

Worst Mustang ever, Don't buy Ford !!!
By ilcoolj on 01/18/10 08:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

09/23/06 I financed a '06 Mustang GT, my 1st new car. Previously my family and I have had about 10 Fords. after 6 mos. the car stalled out, I didnt think anything of it. In'07 the problem became more noticeable I also had the battery replace twice. The alternator and L/F headlight (water). In'08 the problem became more frequent stalling between 30-40mph. The dealer couldnt find thr problem after frequent visits. In Feb.'09 I was going to trade it in for a used '08 Shelby GT500. The deal fell apart when the belt kept tearing. Took it to another dealer and was told crank was bad, waited 2 mos. to have engine rebuilt. called cust.service they're very nasty. Lemon law,govt agencies,legal no help

My 1st Stang !
By StangGirl731 on 11/28/09 19:36 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a blast. I purchased my 06' Performance White GT Premium about 4 months ago. It drives like a dream, its everything I ever imagined. I wanted one since the day it came out and I'm not sorry for the purchase. I get a lot of compliments. So far I have not had any problems what so ever. I have taken it to the Ford dealership I purchased it from for oil changes and everytime so far everything has been 100%

great car bad battery and window system
By stevie on 11/12/09 08:34 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive the car and to look at the car. I have had problems with the battery draining. I've jumped it 5 times. I've also had problems with the driver side window. I had to take it to the dealership 2 times for the same issue. The 3rd time it was out of warranty and the dealership didn't want to take ownership of the problem.

2006 gt premium
By mike bohle on 08/07/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought new, my red dream stang has performed, well, overall. Interior, passenger side vent rattles, interior tail light housing held in place by flimsy, plastic screw assemblies. Closing the trunk causes the rear lights to blink. On positive side, average over 20.5 miles per gallon, everywhere!. Car used mainly to go to gym and back and to the beach on weekends. Runs fast, but interior is noisy. Hope Ford adds interior insulation package to 2010

What a car
By carlisleandy on 07/25/09 23:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one of the nicest and fun cars I have owned, and I have had plenty of sports cars. I get alot of compliments, and the sound and power is unbelievable. This car is pretty comfortable on long trips, part of the reason is for the redesigned seats compaired to the '01 mustang GT I owned.

Quality's not there
By Mr boil on 06/22/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. That's why it pains me to have to report this car's been in the shop almost a dozen times. It was in for the rear clutch pack TSB 4 times! The Shaker system ate several CD's. It rattles. It's hard to fuel at times. The A/C barely cools the interior. I've had 10 year old Honda's that didn't exhibit 1/10th the problems this car's had. This is the last Ford this former employee will ever buy. What a shame.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.