2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
First Stang
By hotshot22 on 03/07/10 00:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 17,000 miles and it was in perfect condition. The acceleration is decent but could always use more power. Handling has been excellent even in the 3 blizzards we've had this year. You do get bounced around quite a bit on bumpy roads but then again, it's not exactly a luxury car. My Color back-lighting is a cool feature to play around with. Insurance surprisingly wasn't that bad (considering I live in NJ). All in all this car has been amazing to own and a blast to drive considering it's a 110 HP improvement over my previous car.

Mustang - Fun to drive AGAIN!
By Lovin 50! on 04/16/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Mustang convertible for 3 years. It makes driving fun! Top is down unless it's raining. AC/Htr work fine to keep me comfortable in Texas heat. It's my car... it's my fun....it's my identity!

Good car
By good car on 06/12/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Loved the car. I'm 6,5" 260 bodybuider frame and never felt crowded, lots of legroom. Usually got around 22 mpg per fiilup. No problems. Just got the fever for the new Jeep unlimited Sahara 4dr, but will probably regret the trade

It sure ain't like my 1993 Mustang
By Mike on 04/19/08 17:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Where do I start, I bought this car with 14,000 miles. In feb 07 a month later I had it back to the dealer for the paint coming off the bumper. Got that fixed 2 weeks later, my school books where soaking wet I left my bookbag in the trunk. I thought the top was leaking, but after 8 trips to dealer with the car being there for as many 30 days to get it back with same each time we cant find the major leak. I have come to the conculsion that it is leaking from the weld in the body. Back to body problems the Mustang stripe has come off 2 times. I finally got tired of the dealer being so blind to the problem. I called a lemon law lawyer, so now I have a pending lawsuite against Ford. For all my trouble

Droptop fun
By Jerry Grant on 04/30/07 22:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent all round fun to drive car. Our V6 is equiped with the optional Pony package. This really helps out in the handling dept with added rear anti- sway bar, ABS,and 17" alloy rims. Take one for a drive. You'll love it.

awesome
By Cindy on 11/25/06 12:36 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a retro style Mustang and now that I've got it, I couldn't be happier. Excellent handling and enough power in the V6 that you don't need to drop the extra for the V8. Seat belts are tight, but that adds to the sports car/power feel. I have people stop me almost every day to compliment my car. Wouldn't have gotten it without the Pony package. Just adds exactly what is needed to make this one incredible machine!

Second Childhood
By MarkO on 11/11/06 15:59 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Once owned 68 Firebird convertible and recently turned 40 and couldn't resist. This is a nice and fun reproduction of the original. I bought the Pony Package V6 convertible in Windveil Blue and am very happy with it. A good value vehicle for the money.

If only I could afford the V-8
By Sean on 10/19/06 02:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My mother has a 6 banger '04. My '06 pony package is far superior in every category (not taking into account fuel). Yeah, I have a lead foot. With a GT I would be in jail as speeding is way too easy with the Pony. The handling is nice for such a heavy car but for the money you can't beat it. Be ready for some road noise, but get the Shaker sound system and you'll never notice it. I've only put 5000 miles on it but haven't had a single problem other than the frequent compliments.

Love my 2006 Silver Stang
By HerbStang on 10/10/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This V6 is surprisingly fast. I am sorry it's not the GT but price was prohibitive. Mainly use this on weekends when top down driving is the most fun. I like the fact that the V6 exhaust has a pleasant sound although I'm told switching to the right side GT muffler will improve the sound. Won't sound like a V8 but a more throaty sound none the less. I'm considering it but my selling dealer says a different muffler could void the engine warranty. I don't buy that but I'm afraid to take the chance. Maybe after the warranty expires.

Owner
By Lynne on 10/01/06 19:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I first test drove this car I was truly amazed at the way it performed. I had been driving SUVs for many years and the thought of a rear-wheel drive car was unrealistic. It handles extremely well, it's sharp looking (I'm always getting compliments on it) and it truly is fun to drive. I am completely sold!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.