2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
90,000 km, and all's good!!
By Andrew on 05/01/10 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 9,000 km and 11 months old. The car has 90,000 km as of May 2010. The car has been bullet proof in terms of reliability. I have just replaced the tires and the original battery. The only issues have been: Engine check light on briefly at 87K, and self-cleared (must have been a loose gas filler cap), and the rear tail light bulbs blow every 15K or so ($4 bulb-big deal). Other than that: just oil and filter changes. Car has been very reliable and solid. Body creaks/groans at 90K are still minimal, but you can now tell the car is nearly 4 years old, lots of life left in it. I will replace shocks & struts this year and this should solve the problem.

Mustang Sally
By arblanken on 06/11/08 06:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It look me years and years to get my Mustang. Wanted a '66 because of the body style but had to wait for the restore until "my body style" was available. Love the car, the gas mileage is ok with the tough gas prices lately, but love the car!

Great car until you have to put gas in
By scott on 05/07/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought the car new 2/06. By August had trouble fueling it. Ford said some cars are hard to put gas in. They did nothing about. Will not do anything about it even under warranty. For me, it cured me of ever owning a Ford again. Much less a mustang

2006 Mustang GT
By MIKE D on 07/23/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Big bang for the buck. Roomy enough for two and space for luggage. Great styling inside and out. Constantly get positive comments on redfire color and 20" wheels and tires. Great handling and breaking. Acceleration is great and lays rubber on command. Great rumble from dual exhausts--may upgrade to Ford racing exhaust. Worth every penny of $31,000 price tag!

I love it!
By lgot on 06/26/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it at end of March. Had to contact 17 dealers to get a GT convertible,with a manual transmission. People are always staring and telling me how much they love this car. I never thought a car could make you more popular but this car has. It drives great, The top is very easy to manage, the pickup and speed are great. This is truly a great Mustang. If you can go for the convertible, and V8. My wife and children used to say I was starting to drive like an old man. They can't believe how I've morphed into a speed fanatic. I would buy it again it I had it to do over. So far no mechanical problems or bugs to work out. Thats about it.

Absolutely A Fun Car...
By My Little Red Pony on 05/10/06 13:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Always wanted a little pony, and what I got was one with a lot of power and a pretty smooth ride for a sports car. It is the most fun to drive and it is definitely a head turner with its top down. I have had more compliments on this car than i had during my 35 years of driving! I've had the car about a month now and I find it very comfortable inside and easy to drive. The stereo is super. I love the idea of the changing interior colors on the dash as well as the other features you would expect in a luxury car. The exterior is awesome. I have yet to take it on a long trip to see the gas mileage highway driving. I recommend this car to anyone looking for a sports car.

A Great Investment!
By RickinPA on 03/01/06 21:36 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 2006 Mustang V6 for a full month now, and all I can say is WOW! I was surprised at how "throaty" the engine is when revved. Not quite the sound of a V8 but impressive for a V6. Pick-up is very "spirited", a word that I've seen used in a few magazine reviews to describe the Mustang and I must agree. This was a great buy, I'm very happy with my Pony!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.