2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Fun stang
By Stu on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Only had car for one week and this car put the fun back into driving.Even though it's a V6 it still get up and goes.I love the way it handles and turns heads.

166K miles and still going strong
By Chet on 08/20/10 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive a lot of miles, at least 150/day. I just had the water pump replaced at 166,000 miles and decided it was time to do the rest of the maintenance that I have neglected for the last 5 years. I changed the oil regularly with Mobil 1 and changed the brakes when necessary. Other than that everything has always worked perfectly. I replaced the spark plugs at 140,000 miles just because. The originals still looked good, just needed a gap adjustment.

Lemon Mustang
By shibemw on 04/19/10 01:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice styling car and fun to drive when it is not heading back to dealership for unending mystery electrical problems. I have had to many problems with this car to ever want another sports car again. Couple that with a dealership that wants to nickel and dime you on warranty work makes for bad Ford business. Not a practical car to own in the winter time in Colorado Springs.

So so....
By DuaneW on 03/01/10 18:21 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was exceptionally impressed with the down and dirty V6. The Chevy Monte Carlo LT and SS Intimidator have nothing on the 4.0 stock!! I bought an 06 5-speed Pony Edition before I went to college. It's about 8 months later and the throttle body is havin issues, killing the car about every 30 miles. The clutch is slipping already, not impressed with that. The Shaker 500 is really nice, don't crank it too loud though. The amp for the stereo runs down the factory battery like no other. It's reliable as heck until the engine starts acting up. Had the system checked, so I know its the throttle body. For a car that is four years old, the clutch and induction should not be having trouble.

Great looking car
By Ted on 02/24/10 20:54 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the Mustang new with every option you could get on the V6 Premium Cpe including "Pony Package". It's the first American car I've bought in 20 years. Great looking car with a very stiff ride and lots of rattles. At 30k service, it needed an Alternator and a battery. All things considered, I like the car sans the rattles which the dealer has been unable to fix. I have a 20 year old toyota with out any rattles!

Great Car
By ChristaK on 09/23/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's noisy. It rides rough. It's uncomfortable on long trips. It's great on gas. It looks great. It has not let me down. I wouldn't trade it for another.....Unless it was a newer one. This is my second one. It's all mine. And it's payed off!

I got one of those lemons
By Dave S on 06/20/09 06:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car to be an occasional driver - I have only put 13,000 miles on it in 3 years. Here is a list of things replaced on warranty and mileage when replaced: Differential - 500 miles Radiator fan - 1800 miles Door jamb switch - 1900 miles A/C compressor - 2900 miles Fuel pump - 6100 miles A/C high pressure switch - 7800 miles Alternator - 9200 miles A/C line - 10400 miles A/C recharged - 12700 miles The warranty has just expired and guess what? A/C not working again. For some unknown reason this vehicle does not want to have working A/C. Very frustrating. After my experience with this car I understand why the big 3 are in financial dire straits. Very shoddy workmanship IMO.

2006 V6 Coupe Premium + Options
By dmbandTX on 05/25/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 mustangs recently; a 2002 V6, a 2004 anniversary V6, and my current 2006 V6 coupe. The 2006 is by far the best of the three I've owned. The sleek exterior reminiscent of the fastback look and retro interior are much preferred to the builds in the first half of the 2000's. My model is a torch red 5 speed manual which shifts much smoother than the previous vehicles. Options include all the V6 premium additions plus Pony Package (fog lamps / upgraded grill are sporty). The interior has a limited dark charcoal all leather finish, and the dash is upgraded to include the multi-function display below the speedometer and SHAKER-1000 Audio - much improved over previous MACH systems

The Best Mustang Yet
By Pam on 09/22/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned many Mustangs. From a 1965 Coupe to a 2003 Mach 1 (I still own that one). This is the best Mustang yet in every area. It handles well, looks great, and has much more room that any previous Mustang. I have a five speed manual and it gets over 30 mpg on the highway although it is not rated that high. This car is the best "all around" car I have ever owned. In addition everywhere I go everyone compliments me on the car and wants to know all about it. I have found that not only is this car welcome at Mustang shows it is also welcome at all local cruise in's, car shows, etc. Try that with your SUV. It is 1965 all over again with this latest generation Mustang!

Love our Mustang
By ida on 07/11/08 01:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We were going to wait till next year to buy a car but when we saw the Mustang we were sold. Everything on it we really like. There is so much room for my husband who is 6'3". Owned a smaller vehicle but was always cramped. Would recommend it to anyone. Brought back old memories of the Ford Mustang. Going to put it in a show on July 19.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.