2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great car, couple of issues
By kells on 06/19/10 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Dash board rattles, dealer couldn't fix it, filed lemon law got $2000 from Ford. Brake pads & rotors went at 12,000 miles witch is unheard of, $600- $800 job. Replaced bat after 3 yrs which is norm. Replaced fuel filter which is recommended. Rear brake bulbs have been replaced about 4 times (easy to do yourself though) other then that nothing major has gone wrong. I drive 12,000 a year, some highway road trips and still drives great.

My show car
By Cricket on 07/26/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love "Mr. Steed". He is a "Bickford Built" one-off commemorative of a 1960 GT350 with $10,000 in upgrades. I have entered him in 6 Mustang Club of America National shows and he has won first place every time.

Like this car a lot
By pappydave on 07/11/09 06:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I currently have 31,000 miles on this car and it has never been back to the dealer. I have been doing oil changes and routine maintenance. The only complaint I have is the Road noise seems a little loud to me. I get 25 MPG driving to work - mixed city/rural, and got 28 on a long trip on the freeway.

Close but no cigar
By dave on 05/31/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car is fun enough to drive, but having had the battery die twice in my garage, first time after owning it for two weeks, and again in June 09. Auto feature on windows most times work fine, but often only work one way and not always the same way. Air conditioning is poor most of the time. Didn't work at all once, took it to the dealership- told it takes time to cool off - I guess an hour is not long enough when it's blowing hot air. Next day it worked fine. Wouldn't take it on a trip in hot weather. Would not buy one again. Dealership charged me for an auto emission test, but not necessary if driven under 5000 miles in a year.

Not Very Reliable!
By Jarred on 09/12/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mustang but I have had so many problems with it I wish I could get rid of it! The first problem was the rear end started leaking at 2,000 miles, fixed. Hood insulation started burning at 2,500, fixed. Trunk popped on its own, fixed after 3 dealer visits. No start or die at idle, dealer cant find a problem. Mustang stripes below doors bubbled up, not fixed! Two weeks ago my car totally died, after fighting with Corporte Ford a week they let the dealer look at it, ignition coil pack fell off, yeah fell off, how in the hell! Car still dies and trembles hard at low RPM's! Oh to top it off Ford gave me a Chevy Cobalt to drive while they fixed mine...I'd buy a Cobalt, thats the truth!

Fun Car
By Megan on 12/29/06 00:29 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 4 months. I just started college, and I use the car for my 6 hour drive to and from school. It makes the drive pretty well. However, when I am in the passenger seat during the drive, I get annoyed with the way the dash is set up. It's hard to put your feet up. Also, the seat doesn't recline very far. The seats are very comfortable though. I am always cold and my boyfriend is always hot, so I really like how easy it is to close the vents on one side of the car. I just had to replace the gear shift at 15,000 miles. I would like a larger back seat, but it's as big as would be expected for a Mustang. It's hard to get in and out of because of the long doors.

2006 Mustang
By Darrell Gray on 11/25/06 08:19 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For a V6 It's fast. Most V8 don't have a chance.

All Show, Not Enough Go
By Brian on 07/07/06 19:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I knew Ford had a winner when I saw the wonderful concept car. With slick retro styling and more power, I was sure I would love the car. I really like both interior and exterior styling and the car is very comfortable, even with the stiff(ish) suspension tuning. The car handles pretty well for the money too. I am a bit disappointed with the lack-luster acceleration. I'm not looking for high-end V8 numbers here, but I don't feel even a slight surge when flooring the accelerator-even when downshifting first. It seems to accelerate the same whether the pedal is at half-way or pinned to the floor. Most of us don't drag race these things, but a little more power would be appreciated.

Lime green Mustang convertible
By Lisa Socha on 06/10/06 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the Mustang . I wouldn't change a thing about it. Love the color too (Lime Green).

A classic
By mike on 06/03/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am 37 and have never owned anything but GM cars or trucks. I have always bought REAR-wheel drive automobiles and the 2006 Ford Mustang was the best bang for the buck. I purchased the V-6 (my first - always have owned v-8's) due to the rising fuel costs. The Mustang handles well and accelerates nearly as well as my '95 Formula Firebird. Ford really did their homework well in putting together a car that captures what sports cars should look and handle like. GM - you better wake up and get the Camaro back out before you lose all your sports car followers. Let's face it, the Corvette is just too highly priced. Long live the Mustang.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.