2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Max Lives
By Max Lives on 07/22/10 15:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this Horsey in memory of my dad, Max M. Kruger a design engineer and an original member of the Mustang design team under Lee Iaccoca at Ford. Compared to my 2 previous '73 Mach I joys, this Steed is more stealthy, has greater visibility and obviously more technologically refined. Had only one real issue with her. The trip meter occasionally zero's itself even after extensive dealer repairs and tech help from Ford. Yes a few rattles. Also needed a new battery due to Florida heat. Got a set of General Ulimax HP tires and they are the best I ever owned. I'm not sure which I like better, watching my wife drive off in her, me driving us, or just looking at her. Max Lives!

Only a few minior issues
By DLJ on 06/11/10 17:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive very little (about 5k miles per year), but when I do i like to wring it out around town, on the highway, and twisty back-country roads. This car handles them all very well. Haven't had any real issues, and have kept up with scheduled maintenance. I did have a transmission pan leak which was repaired by a dealer; a few months later it was leaking again and the dealer fixed it again (free as was still under warr. then). I have an extended warranty for peace of mind but don't anticipate needing it. There has always been a little squeak near the gauge cluster, which I meant to get fixed but it hasn't bothered me enough to do so.

It is what it is
By Carl on 04/28/10 06:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first new car purchase and I really liked it at first....Untill everyone in Oklahoma city bought one. Atleast there will be pleanty around to pull parts of in the salvage yard. Guys and gals, this car is what it is plus a tiny, tiny bit more..... It's a (new) $20,000 sports car. I do actually love mine and it runs great but I can see it going to pieces not too far down the road. It's starting to rattle a little much and the two "subs" in the door aren't subs.... Subs are made to play mounted in a box, not mounted in a door but hats off to ford for at least trying to be hip.

Bought it new, falling apart
By Brenda on 01/14/09 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2006 Mustang v6 Coupe is my 7th Mustang, I bought it new off the lot, and it's left me stranded all over town--thank God I have roadside assistance! After two years of ownership a dead battery left me stranded out at work at midnight, in March I'll have had the car 3 years and I just had to put a new transmission in it at 68,000 miles. The Ford dealer said that since I hadn't had the transmission serviced at 30,000 mile intervals like the manual says I need to, they can't help. I've not had the oil changed exactly every 3,000 miles, does this mean the engine is going to blow? Very poor quality.

Love It
By Biscuit on 08/05/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 9th Mustang. All 5.0's. My buddies giggled when I showed up with mine. That was until I took them for a ride. Now four of them own a V6. Two more are in the market for one. I installed the dual exhaust, cold air intake, and a reprogrammer. This pony bucks now! It also rides like a dream. The fuel mileage is great on the highway, not so much in town. But that's my fault. Definitely get the 5 speed.

My first white pony!
By Matt T. on 07/15/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car, hands down. We did have to have some repairs done within the first 10,000 miles such as the shifter, fuel pump, etc. The gas tank on occasion will not accept a full tank of gas? This happened to my buddy also and he had his fuel tank replaced, sounded like a design error.

Have i found my perfect car?
By Douglas on 02/13/07 12:20 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My on going quest for the perfect vehicle stopped at the 2006 Ford Mustang V6. I needed a car that looked cool, could carry my friends without too much complaint, and had that fun factor that everyone desires. After first gear I was sold. The pull was impressive. The salesman, who was obviously new to ford, actually asked if it was the V8. The cornering is tight and whips into parking spots effortlessly although the nose is long and sometimes deceptive to where it is. The gas mileage is better than expected, while cruising at 80 mph, I achieved 32 mpg. The cabin is roomy, even for a 6'2" guy like me. Even still, my knee tends to hit the hard plastic boarder of the center radio cluster.

Great Car
By Alex on 07/02/06 22:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the funnest car I have ever owned! The styling is incredible, the price right, and the fun factor off the charts. Sounds and feels like a V8, yet gets decent V6 fuel economy. The front driver and passenger areas are roomy and comfortable with lots of leg room.

sounds like a can of loose rocks
By wild Bill on 04/27/06 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 mistake this month (04 - 2006), and really thought I was getting a good car, but every time I shift, it shudders and clunks as if the drivetrain is going to fall off the car. I took it in on 04-26-06 to have it checked out. They came back and said they called Ford's hot line and Ford told them to drive another Mustang with a 5 speed and see if it does the same thing Well it did, so Ford said that it is normal then, that they won't fix it because all the other v6 5 speeds make the same clunks on them, and if they get a lot of complaints on that, then they will research on that problem! Stay away from the V-6 5 speed.

Love my Pony
By Pony Tail on 02/22/06 19:11 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Red Fire 2006 V6, 5 speed coupe for a month now. The more I drive it the happier I am I bought it. Having come from ownership of smaller Japanese economy oriented vehicles in the recent past this car was a dramatic change for me. I owned both a '69 and '70 Mustang in the somewhat distant past. My '06 is all that those cars were and so much more! The performance from the 4.0 lt. V6 is impressive. It is deceptively fast and has a very V8 feel and sound to it. The car's handling is very planted, responsive and predictable. I did a 200 + mile fun trip in the twisty mountain roads to the west of here and had a grin on my face the whole time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.