Tim's Toy
By Tim S on
2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
After reading everything I could find online and elsewhere, I figured I'd wait a couple years before getting one. I was raised on Chevy 350 V-8's. I switched to FWD MAZDA 323's and Protege's. In February of this year, I went to get an estimate on my 60,000 mile service and replace my timing belt and hoses to keep my extended warranty intact. Talk about sticker shock, over $1,100 estimate with labor. I used my X-plan discount thru work and returned to RWD with no regrets. I am quite impressed with this V6, roughly 18 mpg city, tight as a drum and makes me feel like a kid again. I don't have the anti-lock brakes/traction control but have had no problems at all in rain or snow.
Favorite Features
As it is, it's already a head turner. It's a V6 Deluxe Coupe that's Mineral Grey with Charcoal MUSTANG cloth interior, 5-speed automatic transmission, Sport Appearance Group and 16" bright machined aluminum wheels with chrome spinners. Equipped with very few factory options for "RETRO" personalization.
Suggested Improvements
First aftermarket change I did was upgrading to sequential tail lamps and hooking up my XM radio. The windows are getting tinted day after tomorrow. On order currently are 1) Black Reflective "MACH 1" style rear decal, 2) Blackout Rear Taillight Panel, 3) Pony Insignia Floor Mats and 4) Dashpad Cover.