The year the pony got its gallop back ;-)
By bryanbrock on
2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
This is the 5th mustang I have owned all others being older models, And I have to give ford credit it is a vast improvement and a whole different animal. Handling is by far much improved due to new chassis engineering, you get 305hp in the GT! Which is the most power available to the GT to that date. Engine management system does a great job of turning it into a boulevard bully when your in the mood then pretend its Hybrid when it senses your trying to save gas. Back seat takes effort to get into but plenty of room in the 2005 when back there. Clutch could be handled by my 80 yr old grandma, ..not heavy at all! Now even the car is 6 years old it still gets complements and ride requests!
Favorite Features
Things I like best about this mustang.. Best out of the retro designs in my opinion. I love the aluminum dash, "My Color" is a blast to play with. say if you like 70s rock.. you can program the radio to search for only those stations ware ever you go if your car is equiped with "audiofile" like mine.. love it! The retro Craiger rocket wheels are a nice touch, Cruise control with a 5 speed car, it can be a gas saver when needed and milage is greatly improved from say the 1998 or 1993 mustangs I have owned, again handling, handling, handling much improved!
Suggested Improvements
Improvements.. Ok ford, with as much as I love the interior their is too much plastic! wrap the dash in leather too or something! Tapty noises come from the fuel injectors after warmed up, but seems to only affect 05 models and has not affected performance or reliability.. just annoying. Shaker 1000.. if eqiupped in the 05 can get fusterated with your burnt CD and spit it out randomly.. again this seems to be 05 specific. keep in mind that ford moved the Mustang from Dearbourn.. ware it had been built since 1964 to be manufactured at International Auto Alliance starting with the 2005 model. of course bugs are a part of the 05 but nothing that will take the smile off your face at 80mph+;-)