The Pony Rides Again!
By PonyXpress on
2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
2005 Roush GT Sonic Blue Convertible. Having spent much of my late teens and early 20's restoring '67 & '68 Mustang's, I was blown away when I first saw the 2005 retro Mustang. Naturally, I had to have one and bought myself a birthday present in June 05. I have about 2500 miles on the car and it has been flawless. It's great fun to drive and Roush has tweaked the car just right, from the exhaust to the ground effects. It's spooky, but I feel as if I'm sitting in my '68 Fastback, albeit a greatly improved version. With the flood of after market products becoming available by the minute, it will no doubt keep me busy again. Can't wait to blow the doors off any retro Camaro or Cuda we may yet see!
Favorite Features
Power/torque and body style. The convertible is surprisingly quiet and tucks away nicely, except of course for that beautiful rumble from the exhaust.
Suggested Improvements
Body stance needs to be lower from the factory - wheels too small and look lost inside the wheel wells. Seats could be better contoured to fit the body. Passenger electric seat option. Xenon light option package. Directional lights mounted in the front hood as in '68. Handling could be improved.