2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Still love It

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Review

Still love It
By linda on

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Still loving this car. Handles great, looks great. Still an eye turner after 18 months. Went from an Escalade to the Mustang (what a dichotomy) and have not regretted it. I usually get a new car every 2 years but the Mustang I plan to keep. Have not gotten tired of it yet. I believe Ford designers really did the job right this time.

The car is fast and fun to drive. Considering the V8 under the hood, I am happy to report 22 miles to the gallon---respectable I think. I live the looks of the exterior especially. The interior is simple and user friendly. I have the manual transmission and love to drive it. The shift is very smooth.

Interior, although simple, is cheap. Too much plastic. Could cut the plastic on the doors and add padding. An interior trunk latch would be nice. After 18 months seats are a bit broken down, perhaps more padding should be added at the factory. Still a hot car!