2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Road Trip 2005

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Premium Convertible (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Road Trip 2005
By Howard on

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

At 61 years old and recently a widower, I asked my children if they thought I was going through a second childhood since I was considering purchasing a new Mustang GT convertible. They all said if that's what you want, go for it. I did. I had planned a trip to Las Vegas and decided to extend the trip and drive. I made a two week trip covering 5500 miles from Georgia to California averaging 23.5 mpg and drove over 1000 miles on two different days. The weather was great, the car performed flawlessly, and the ride was very comfortable. This car is not the fastest or most expensive on the road, but dollar for dollar is a fantastic value and a super performer. I'm looking forward to the GT500.

I guess my favorite feature is the acceleration especially when passing. A close second is the ride and comfort especially since I am 6'4" and have had no problems fitting in this car.

Kick up the horses a little and change the fourth gear - a little lower in the automatic transmission.