2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: GT Premium Convertible

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Deluxe Convertible (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

GT Premium Convertible
By Jason on

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Just like many others out there, I've been salivating over the '05 Mustang since Ford first announced the new design. I just got my car (Silver w/ black leather interior) and let me tell you, it's worth every penny. The dealer was telling me that Ford is overwhelmed by demand and buyers are waiting 6 months for delivery of their GT's. I would like to share with you that it is possible to get one. I didn't order my car in advance, but rather convinced the salesman that I was a serious buyer and to call me if a buyer who ordered one changed his mind when the car came in. He (to my amazement) called a week later. I was at the dealer within 90 minutes. They didn't even charge over sticker!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Acceleration, Acceleration. Head turning looks are great - people stop me to talk about the car. Driving with the top up is unbelievably quiet for a convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any yet. For the casual buyer, there's no need to get a Saleen aftermarket version, or to wait for the '07 SVT due next year. The stock version is plenty of fun.