Mustang GT Makes Awesome Daily Driver!
By The Extreme on
2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
This is my second Mustang. My first was a 1997 V6; it was a wonderful automobile and was still running strong and reliable when I parted ways with it at 157,000+ miles. Then came my 2005 Mustang GT. In a word, wow. Twice the horsepower (300 vs 150) of my V6. Retro skinning, but in a real modern package. I drive the car every day to and from work and people constantly comment on how much they like the car. It's remarkably practical and easy to drive given its amazing performance, and gets pretty good mileage for such a hot performing car. I love it!
Favorite Features
-300 hp/absolute blast to drive -Runs on 87 octane gas -Retro good looks -Decent mileage for the power -Bigger cabin than before -MyColor gauges -Stock GT rims are very slick -Shifter much improved, even stop/go driving is good -Big trunk (13 cu. ft.) for a sporty car -Overall big bang-for-the-buck!
Suggested Improvements
-Solid rear axle. Ford did this as mainly a cost-cutter, and while the car handles wonderfully given the live axle, most would prefer the benefits of an IRS. -No moon/sunroof available stock? What's with that? -Still a fair amount of plastic in the interior (though much improved).