Mid Life Crisis
By Lou on
2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
When I decided to have a mid-life crisis, this car was the ticket. I was a teenager during the 70's, when everyone wanted one of the "cool" Mustang's from the 60's. I have driven many of these over the years, and until now, did not realize what I was missing until I got the 2005 model. I can't believe how wonderful this car performs, and how much attention it gets everywhere I go. My daughter even used the line of "they pimped my ride" the first time she sat in the car. Pretty good feed back from someone who is 13 going on 30. So far no mechanical issues, and 24 mpg combined mileage. The torque is great and the engine just pulls the car without effort at 70 mph.
Favorite Features
The engine compartment for the V6 has been designed to provide a good combination of looks along with convenient service access. One look at the tuned headers and you will realize where the sweet exhaust sound is born. The car has an excellent "old school" look with modern technology.
Suggested Improvements
Moving the front seats forward to allow access to the back is difficult. I would also prefer that the head rests have some adjustment. If you are not of average height, the driver's seat may not raise high enough for you to see over the gorgeous hood.