Lots of show, lots of go
By Wendy D on
2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I bought my Mustang at the end of March, and I love it. The design is aggressive and stands apart from the rest of the "bubble cars" on the road today. I was surprised at how high the side windows are, giving a "chop top" feel. I cannot get over how much fun this car is to drive. I now look for excuses to drive somewhere or lengthen my trips. My car is sonic blue with white stripes, and it really turns heads. Instant celebrity. I'm glad I got the premium model, as I think I'd be disappointed with a base model. The car I purchased was special ordered with the My Color dash backlighting, which I think is silly, but fun to play with. The engine is more accessible than other new cars too.
Favorite Features
The 6 cylinder 4.0 packs lots of power, and the car gives you the impression it really wants to move--like you have to rein it back rather than push it hard. It's easy to "feel" the dimensions of the car, in turns and while parking. It has a wonderful exhaust growl and a highly confident feel to it.
Suggested Improvements
One thing I would like to see on the car is less plastic. Metal mirror caps will be better than plastic in the long haul. The standard interior should look like the sport package, with more metal trim. I've had some skipping problems with the Shaker 500 CD changer, especially early in the morning.