2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Just like old times.....only b

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

2005 Ford Mustang

Deluxe Coupe (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Just like old times.....only better
By Phil on

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having owned a '66 Mustang and a '73 Mustang, when I first saw the pictures of the '05 in a Northwest Airline magazine a couple of years ago, I was intrigued. When I finally saw one in person in October of '04, I was hooked. I ordered a Legend Lime Metallic 6 cylinder/5 speed for my wife for a surprise 40th birthday present. We had to special order the car, and it didn't make it in time for her birthday, but it was well worth the wait. Surprising torque for a 6, great manual tranny, fairly comfortable interior, even with our 11 and 10 year old daughters in back, great handling for a live rear axle car, and those looks....oh, those looks. Not a car to own if you want to be incognito.

Styling, styling, styling. Great steering -- responds to every thought, let alone motion. Handling is very good for a live rear axle design. Very good manual tranny, and surprising power for a V-6. BIG trunk for this size car. Oh, and did I mention the styling?

Get the power seats -- you've got to fold yourself into this car a little. I'm guessing that the left side driver's seat bolster is going to wear out from getting in. Traction control is marginally effective in snow and ice, not that you would drive this car much in those conditions. Some interior rattles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review