2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Head And Shoulders Above Previ

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Deluxe Convertible (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Head And Shoulders Above Previous Model
By Ginungagap42 on

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 1999 Mustang GT convertible. It was the most fun car I have ever owned. Until now. The 2005 is ten times better in virtually every aspect I can think of: style, performance, comfort, ride. While I've only got 1100 miles on this car, I absolutely love it! Differences between the 1999 and 2005 are as follows: Power - I am having to learn how to drive slowly, so as not to get ticketed. Build - there was a decent amount of torsion in the 1999 convertibles body. The 2005 is solid. It feels like driving a hardtop. Head-turning ability: off the scale! Handling - like a dream. The rear axle is solidly planted pretty much all the time.

Styling is perfect. Power is great. Exhaust note annoys the neighbors. Handling is wonderful. Color is pleasingly bright (yellow). More interior and trunk room than the previous model.

The top could go up and down faster. There is some squeal in the brakes. Ford could make more of the MyColor dashboards: when I got my 2005 GT, I found that the MyColor dashboards are scarce.