2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: First Ford

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Deluxe Convertible (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

First Ford
By Convert on

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wow. This car pulled me out of my Mopar's for the first time in my life (age 41). I have not liked Ford car designs for years now. Nothing excited me like this car (in this price range). I have the manual and the shifting is very smooth. For 300 hp I think the acceleration is poor but the sound is awesome. The sound is why I got the V8 over the V6. The handling is very "secure". The driving outputs match the inputs very well. The retro dash with MyColor is a great mix of new and old. I feel the 500 radio is more than enough for someone my age. Great convertible top seal so far. Low wind noise. Mentioned before on this site, this car sure does get looks! Screaming Yellow.

Favorite Features

The exhaust system. The sound is incredible! The GT front grille (clip) has nothing to improve upon. The IP (dash) is classic. The large steering wheel grip surface helps with the solid feel of the car. MyColor, nuf said. Both armrests (door & center) are at the same height. Short shift of the 5 speed.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs a 6 speed Manual. Or an optional shorter rear gear for mileage. My cloth seat is not comfortable (needs help in back position. When front seat is folded forward it will not retain previous position when pulled back. Child seat does not fit well in the back seat (will not sit flat).