2005 Ford Mustang 4.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Finally!

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Review

Finally!
By Leslie on

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had been yearning for a Mustang for several years and finally realized that life was too short not to have it! I am now more in love with muscle cars than ever before and wish that I could have gotten the 8 cylinder (insurance wanted too much). Unfortunately, I do mostly NYC street driving to and from work 5 days/week. A real joy when I am driving around upstate NY. I never have to think twice about lane changes or pulling onto any highway. At first, it takes muscle to drive this car's stick. So much fun to break it in though. I got a lot of attention in 2005 when I first got the car. Best looking rear end on a car ever!

Favorite Features

I love the way the engine sounds. I love the feel of downshifting. I love the way the body looks. I also love the curve of the front bumper. It's got that nice angle on the sides so it's not dented or scratched as much by other people who don't know how to parallel park.

Suggested Improvements

A plastic thingy popped off pretty quickly...but I am not surprised that it happened. You don't own a Ford without expecting a bit of drama. I don't like that the vent can't be opened without turning on the fan. The option of a power seat on the passenger side would have been good too.