2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Black Beauty GT Convertible

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Deluxe Coupe (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Black Beauty GT Convertible
By Mustang lizzy on

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the love of my life! Unfortunately the Colorado State Police pay way too much attention to it too! I bought a 5 speed & can't imagine driving an automatic. When I want to pass someone on our mountain roads I leave them in my dust & by the way - I'm a baby boomer lady. I love the shift throw & have no problem with the clutch. I do wish the CD changer digital read-out was easier to see. My only problem with this car is the convertible lock down system. I also drive on some bumpy dirt roads & the convertible top shakes & shimmys more than it should. There are also some serious blind spots to watch for. I love my mag wheels & the Bullet sound! Not much winter driving tho.

This car has been very reliable so far. It is beautiful & so smooth that I have to watch my speed closely! I have to put on the cruise control on I- 25 in Walsenburg because of stealth cops with their instant on radar. Sadly, I don't get to drive it much in the winter & it beds down in my garage.

As I said before, I think the convertible lock-down system needs to be corrected as well as the shimmy where it connects to the windshield. The digital readout on the CD changer is very hard to see in hard daylight too.