best new car
By jensen on
2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
After a woefully disappointing experience owning a 2000 Focus, I purchased a 2002 Celica. It was everything a Toyota should be. It was reliable, great handling, uncomfortable and loud (road noise). I had no problems with it other than my aching back. On a whim, I test drove the Mustang, expecting it to be a piece of crap. I was caught off guard. It drove better than any car I had ever driven. The v6 was extremely powerful, and the 5 speed automatic converted me from stick and I've always hated automatics. After having the car for just a week, I can't comment on reliability with authority, however, by the 1 week point I already had beefs with the Focus. I hear no noises and the car feels solid.
Favorite Features
The v6 is vastly improved over the v6 in the 2002 Mustang that I test drove. It's smooth and powerful. As a bonus,the new 6 REALLY sounds like a v8.
Suggested Improvements
The availability of stick shift v6's is very limited. One of those would probably be a riot to drive. The only ones I could find in my area were Deluxe (stripped) models in non-metallic colors.